Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused by the text on the BFF card for Aslen Von Eschen...

It says "Until the end of the day, the basic attack cost of the survivor's weapon is reduced by one.... Only usable once per night.

So, if I assign a Z dice to this trait, does it mean that I can reduce the AP cost only once? i.e. one attack? Is the 'until the end of the day' part just underlining the fact that I should 'use it or lose it'?

Secondly, I assume that I can add the Z dice without triggering the trait immediately? i,e use the trait ability on a future turn (in the same night)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
I am confused by the text on the BFF card for Aslen Von Eschen...

It says "Until the end of the day, the basic attack cost of the survivor's weapon is reduced by one.... Only usable once per night.

So, if I assign a Z dice to this trait, does it mean that I can reduce the AP cost only once? i.e. one attack? Is the 'until the end of the day' part just underlining the fact that I should 'use it or lose it'?

Secondly, I assume that I can add the Z dice without triggering the trait immediately? i,e use the trait ability on a future turn (in the same night)?

I think its cross terminology from Zpoc1 (classic!!) Its a once per day Sunrise to just before sunrise thing. So you place it then all attack actions until the next sunrise benefit. Effectively its only obtained and used during one midnight Phase per day. So every midnight when that squad rolls a Z you can assign it and use it until the next sunrise.

Sounds a nobrainer but even with 3 team member statistically you would throw 1,2,3,4,5,6 giving up 6AP needs to be timed but you would use it on your next attack with that character.

You have to roll a Z and not need it for anything else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my original understanding of the trait, but I convinced myself otherwise! I have to say I prefer your interpretation so will use it until otherwise directed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Barber
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Hey guys!

Thanks for the question.

The BFF trait can only be used once per Night, but lasts the entire Night. Meaning ALL attacks for the rest of that combat are cost less AP for that survivor.

Basically you pay a "Z" up front, to increase your ability to murder zombies for the remaining rounds of combat. When the Night phase ends, the benefit ends, so you'll have to use it again during the following Night to get the bonus back.

The "once per Night" limitation is there to stop the bonus from stacking multiple times in the same Night phase, preventing you from making attacks cost 0 AP.

Hope that clears it up! Let me know if you have any other questions. We'll be posting an errata page here soon.

Thanks guys.

-Walter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.