7 Posts

Unfair» Forums » General

Subject: Huge potential for Holiday theme pack(s) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been reading through the expansions list/brainstorm list recently because I really like this game and am dying for new content.

List for those who haven't seen it: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/213147/unfair-theme-packs

A comment in the list really stuck out to me though. Before H was settled as Hackers, someone mentioned "Maybe it's a Holiday theme pack that only comes out on special occasions."

I think that's STILL an awesome idea that could be added in somewhere! This game has amazing potential for holiday themeing. If not special "Halloween" and "Christmas" packs, then maybe a combined Holidays pack.

My wife really loves this game. I have a lot of games and this is one of the few she's gotten personally, largely invested in so far. She'll play games a lot, but rarely cares to pick which game. She picks this game. She also LOVES Holidays. I know for a fact a Holiday Unfair deck would be huge for her.

Anyway, thought I'd share. Not really expecting this to sway decisions, but could turn into a fun discussion. Thanks for reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! We had an idea for holiday decorations a while back, something might come of it.

I'm really happy to hear your wife enjoys the game enough to actively choose it, that's awesome. Unfair was designed in part so that my wife would want to play it, and I'm always pleased to hear that it works that way for others too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife isn't a 'gamer' but she indulges my obsession once in a awhile. She doesn't like learning new games so the only ones she'll play is ones I taught her awhile ago. I've been really trying to get her to play this with me, saying "Honey, you're going to LOVE it, just give it a try!"

I'm not giving up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
My wife really loves this game. I have a lot of games and this is one of the few she's gotten personally, largely invested in so far. She'll play games a lot, but rarely cares to pick which game. She picks this game. She also LOVES Holidays. I know for a fact a Holiday Unfair deck would be huge for her.

I bought this as a birthday present for my wife and she has no idea (at least I think so. It's been a challenge intercepting all email updates, etc. before she could see them. Then of all things the box arrives with the name of the dang game on the outside. When asked what that was I had to BS my way through. She knows something is up, but not sure what. Her birthday is in May so we have plenty of time for her to forget about it). Anyway, when I read posts like yours it makes me very excited to present her with this game. I cannot wait but must stay resolved. She loves euro games and usually kicks my a$$ at them.
Thank you for your post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really think she's going to like it! My wife isn't a fan of "take-that" at all and she really loves this game. There's so much modularity that you can tune it to how you like to play.

We tried the Gangster's theme last night and it was so unique! We got a City Event where you roll dice and it was a really fun moment. We're going to try Ninja next, and I warned her that seems the most "take that" of anything but she's excited to try it because she likes the core concept so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Wheeler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Joel, I have sent a few messages via KS but not heard back? I missed the run on KS but did do a late pledge and I live in the UK. Will I be getting it soon by any chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EU backers should see their copies going out very shortly. Regardless of whether you backed it on KS or as a late pledge, they are all going out at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.