3 Posts

España 20: Volume 2» Forums » Rules

Subject: Talavera: Night Attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
junkers doll
msg tools
Talavera (14.2) Night Attack wrote:
Once per game, on any French Night Turn, the French Player can declare a Night Attack. (flip the French Morale marker over to show its Night Attack Conducted side as a reminder of the use of theis one-time ability).

But both sides of the French Morale marker are identical. Is this a misprint?

Talavera (14.2)Night Attack PROCEDURE wrote:
Designate one (1) French Infantry unit as the attacker. It conducts its normal Night movement but, as an exception to Rule (14.0), this unit can enter EZOCs

Can this trigger a Reaction Phase for Spanish cavalry? Can they disengage or counter-attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
junkers wrote:
...both sides of the French Morale marker are identical. Is this a misprint?

One side should have the words "Night Attack Conducted" (white print on a blue background) on it. Both the copy of the game that I have, and the master counter files that I was sent for proofing have the French Morale marker rendered that way. I can't say whether yours is a misprint (it might have been accidentally swapped with a normal morale marker from one of the other games), but if yours doesn't have "Night Attack Conducted" then it's wrong.

junkers wrote:
Can this trigger a Reaction Phase for Spanish cavalry? Can they disengage or counter-attack?

Wow, interesting -- that's a situation/question which never came up in testing... I would have to say no, Allied cavalry cannot react during a night turn. Fighting after dark was very rare during this period; troops would be bedded down and mounts unsaddled and hitched on lines for the night. They'd have been in no condition to disengage or countercharge.

Lance McMillan
Developer for VPG's "Napoleonic 20" series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junkers doll
msg tools
Thanks, Lance.

I'm not fussed about the marker situation - I just found it odd.

Lancer4321 wrote:
Wow, interesting -- that's a situation/question which never came up in testing... I would have to say no, Allied cavalry cannot react during a night turn. Fighting after dark was very rare during this period; troops would be bedded down and mounts unsaddled and hitched on lines for the night. They'd have been in no condition to disengage or countercharge.
This is why I love this series - you've got a handful of counters on the map, and you can still have discussions about troop statuses to this level of detail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.