5 Posts

Minotaur Lords» Forums » Rules

Subject: Horde card confusion... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Miller
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just began playing this game, and after 5 straight wins with the blue faction I consulted BGG today and found the reason for the problem. However, my real questions is:

Why denote the horde cards with an "X"...why not simply make them with a power rating of "1" and eliminate the ambiguity?

I know I botched some of the rules in a few of my earlier games, but am I missing an effect where the "X" is more meaningful than a "1"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the relevant FAQ

Quote:

The cards Herders of Kinos, Merchant Fleet, Servants of
Rogoth, Tyrean Warriors, and Pilgrims of Enlir should all
read: "This is a Horde card. X is equal to the number of
Horde cards you have in play in this column."

The card High Priest of Rogoth should read: "This is a
Horde card. When you play this card, you may draw up to
two cards. X is equal to the number of Horde cards you
have in play in this column."

I don't have the cards handy but I think it said "horde cards in play" which was really powerful. That is what sent me searching for errata. The cards were supposed to say horde cards in this column. For example, with 3 horde cards in one column X = 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Miller
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So the original rule/intent was to have "X" equal the value of all the cards in play, which makes sense (yet too powerful). Once they realized that issue, and the clarification/correction was made, the value of any horde cards with the "X" basically reverted to a value of "1"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if that was the story, but reverting to one is not what it says. Number of horde in the column is what it says rather than in play. If you have two in a column then X = 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Miller
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Right...that was what I meant even though I didn't explain it fully. Thanks for setting us straight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.