Subject: 2 weeks until launch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
Lover and creator of immersive games, join the adventure!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In exactly 2 weeks time The City of Kings will be launching on Kickstarter so I thought I would start posting weekly updates on these forums to keep everyone up-to-date with what's going on.

Please feel free to ask questions and request stuff as I really want to make sure I cover everything you want to know.

Run through and how to play videos

Today I released our first run through and how to play videos, so you can finally see what the game play is like!

I'm hoping to record another run through of one of the more difficult scenarios to show that side of play as well.

Reviews and previews

Rahdo spoke about The City of Kings on his podcast last month, it starts at around 4 minutes 45 seconds.

I'm very pleased with what he said, and he will be releasing a full run through of the game in 2 weeks. It's now on his coming soon list.

Man vs Meeple will be recording a preview in time for the launch which should help to show off the visual side of the game.

Polyhedron Collider will be writing a review sometime soon.

Airecon

This weekend I was at Airecon and had several groups demo the game, it went really well and there was only positive feedback.

This led to Polyhedron Collider offering to write a review, as they enjoyed playing the game.

I was also happy to see a young girl played the game (I would guess around 8 or 9 years old) and she did well.

Virtual launch party

The virtual launch party has had over 100 respond so I'm really looking forward to that, we're going to be live streaming just before the launch of the campaign so hopefully a few of you can join us.

What's next

Over the next week I will be releasing the final 2 characters and some more information about the Kickstarter. There will be something released everyday across our various channels.

I'm now working very hard on spreading the word so that we can launch the campaign with a bang.

Thank you for all the support and I'll post another update next week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Ah this is great! Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Is it the 28th yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ACBez wrote:
Is it the 28th yet?

Soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.