Subject: What game has the nicest feeling cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
I really enjoy the tactile feel of really quality cards. I've read about the linen finish and I don't know if any of my games have that, although I'm not sure. I think the game with the nicest cards I have is Thunder & Lightning, which I do enjoy.
So what games have cards that just feel amazing? Preferably one that is actually fun and plays with 2.

I know some of you might say something like "you don't need a game just for nice cards. That's a stupid reason to buy a game."
And my response is yes I do and I'll waste money how I want!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Showdown: Icons Is a good 2 player game with great feeling plastic cards. It can be found on clearance these days for pretty cheap. As a bonus the decks double as standard playing cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B.
United States
Shelby Township
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parade has some nice feeling cards. I think I have the purple 3rd edition. I rarely notice such things, but the cards felt smooth or something I seem to recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kelso
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Coup has nice cards. Also Archaeology. The cards in these games just feel really nice. Coup at 2 players isn't so mind-blowing, though.

I also like Port Royal's cards. I thought they felt flimsy at first, but they have been just fine and are a dream to shuffle, especially if (like me) you suck at shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"nicest feeling cards"

Busen Memo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastiqa

I sleeve cards and I don't want to sleeve these
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
wren08 wrote:
Fantastiqa

I sleeve cards and I don't want to sleeve these

That's a game I've been interested in but I already have so many cooperative fantasy deck builders soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a side-question: What about plastic cards?

Asmadi seems to offer plastic cards as a sort of de luxe version of their games. This sounds good - to have sturdy cards, I mean. But how do they feel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Rodrigues
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like big cards, so:

Dixit
Mysterium
Love Letter Premium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boss Beau Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve all my cards, so they all feel pretty good. The ones with premium sleeves obviously feel better than penny sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thompson
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
I lose all the games... It's fun but!
badge
... as in addicted to going fast... not the powder stuff... "ADICT" was the licence plate on my bike...
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
I sleeve all my cards, so they all feel pretty good. The ones with premium sleeves obviously feel better than penny sleeves.

Me too! That, and I don't play any of my games anywhere near as much as I should, or want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything by Flying Frog Productions, it feels like you're playing with credit cards. Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game is my favorite, but Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game has a pretty big following as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the cards in Love Letter Premium. A real joy to handle and play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is really BGG topic!!! laugh

It's something I've never really thought about, so I had to read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you buy a game because we tell you how nice the cards are and you don't like the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
pfctsqr wrote:
What if you buy a game because we tell you how nice the cards are and you don't like the game?

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. As usual I have to look through.

Ideally I'd do what I do with any other suggestions thread, which is use it as a starting point and do my own research from there.

Lol jk I bought literally all of these games immediately. If I don't like them you'll be receiving a message from my lawyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Richelieu
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
King Down has ridiculously soft, silky cards.

I usually sleeve but I would be torn between protecting them, and enjoying the tactile satisfaction of handling them.

Still haven't played the game though, and am less inclined to do so with the flack the rules and balance received after it finally shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.