Badger Man
Scotland
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot recall where I saw/read it but when you have completed the requisite condition and discard your weakness... does it go into your discard pile or out of play?

I understand that some cards specify otherwise (Rex's Curse for example) but played last night (8 hours!) and came across the whole Treachery thing whereby it goes to your discard pile... so somewhat confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wallace-Moyer
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards go to their owner's discard pile when they leave play. They only get placed in a different out of play area if specified. So weaknesses that get discarded can potentially be shuffled back in your deck.

It should be noted though that not all weaknesses are discarded once dealt with. Cover Up and Hospital Debts for example actually stay in play once you have satisfied them, because that's the only way you could check the end-game condition on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger Man
Scotland
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Scaife
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I still discard Cover Up and Hospital Debts if I have dealt with the conditions - this signifies I don't need to do anything at game's end.
Gets rid of clutter too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scagl001 wrote:
I still discard Cover Up and Hospital Debts if I have dealt with the conditions - this signifies I don't need to do anything at game's end.
Gets rid of clutter too.

You're making the game slightly harder for yourself doing this, as there are recent scenarios that punish you for having X or more cards in your discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Scaife
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I take the "Read The Card" & "Rules don't do what rules don't say" approach when it comes to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.