Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Andersson
Sweden
Kumla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys!
Okay! So. This might just be me, but I think the size and color quality of the cards are bad.

Me and my friend totally failed when playing The Formula. The big problem was that we could not see the (extremely) small details on the cards. We actually had a pretty bad time because of this.
Everything was going fine, and we had really fun, up to the point when you're supposed to investigate the images on the cards. We could not see the details in the cards! Even when we knew what we where supposed to search for, we struggled to see it. The app didn't help the slightest. The "Hidden object"-button did nothing, even though in hindsight there clearly was several hidden items.
We didn't have this problem when playing The Elite, which I printed myself with a regular bad homely printer.

I'm gonna get a magnifying glass and a strong table lamp before playing more unlock, which might be overkill.

Just to be clear; We loved The Elite. That's why I bought the full game.
And I should be honest and say that my eyesight is not perfect, but not bad enough to get and use glasses.

Please tell me if you guys had similar experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read/watched a couple of reviews and many people have the same criticism.

In another thread the designer/publisher writes they might add hints to the app that give the solution for these "image riddles" - for people who just don't enjoy these.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
TimTix wrote:
I've read/watched a couple of reviews and many people have the same criticism.

In another thread the designer/publisher writes they might add hints to the app that give the solution for these "image riddles" - for people who just don't enjoy these.

Cheers!

Correct !

First there are not that much hidden things in the stories, and among them most are not so well hidden. The "difficult one" : One in Elite, One in Formula and maybe one in Squeek.

That said, i totally understand that this part of the game might be annoying for some people, so we will propose another way to show them in the app this week (i plan to publish tomorrow).

To be clear this update will help you to find hidden objects automatically if you want, and this will be your choice (you can disable this help at the start of the scenario).

The good thing with an app is that we can adapt a few things, it'll be done this week...

Regards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karis wrote:
To be clear this update will help you to find hidden objects automatically if you want, and this will be your choice (you can disable this help at the start of the scenario).

Will the default setting have the auto-find turned off, or will we be prompted to decide for each scenario? Your wording implies (to me) that this new feature will start as enabled.

I'd prefer not to have things spoiled for me while I play if I forget to turn it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Archr wrote:
Karis wrote:

Will the default setting have the auto-find turned off, or will we be prompted to decide for each scenario? Your wording implies (to me) that this new feature will start as enabled.

I'd prefer not to have things spoiled for me while I play if I forget to turn it off.

You will be prompted for each scenario.

REgards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.