Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rohr
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
On my turn I launch a ship using 6 food to space 6(first position). Starbuck has a prepared ship already and on his turn needs to launch a ship. I may be missing something obvious but, which position would he launch to? There is no 6+1 position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this yesterday. Here is how I would handle this.

Assuming you launched before Starbuck, he would move to 1st position on space 6 and you would be bumped to 2nd on space 6 position.

Yes there is no spot 7, and I don't think it's fair to move you closer to shore to maintain the +1 upon launching constraint.

Cheers,

Kyle A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
I play that if he can't launch to 6+1, he doesn't launch at all.
It would be like in a multi player game, if you want to launch to the 4 space, but it is full, you can either launch to the 3, collect more food and launch to the 5, or just wait to launch to the 4.
Starbuck won't go closer, he can't go further, so he waits until he lands on another launch action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.