Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey all, I have all the D&D board games like Ravenloft, Ashardalon, etc.
I have never been too happy with the game play in those games but love the components.

I was wondering if the monsters and Heros can be brought over to work with this system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
I have never been too happy with the game play in those games but love the components.

I was wondering if the monsters and Heros can be brought over to work with this system?

Different stats, different combat system, different way how feats work, different scale, etc. So no, absolutely not compatible.

Regards, Gorkar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:

you could use the miniatures if you were willing to write your own rules and stats for the content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:

you could use the miniatures if you were willing to write your own rules and stats for the content.

Which is true for each and every game that uses miniatures. ;-)

Regards, Gorkar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you've kickstarted you should be getting AI cards for galaxy defender creatures, you could substitute those for suitable D&D monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I was looking to buy, but since I can't combine it with the D&D games, I already have, I guess I will pass. This doesn't look that much different than what I already have other than there is a bit more character leveling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was equally disppointed when I realized Mice&Mystics and Snakes&Ladders aren't compatible with the Dungeons&Dragons board games. Does anyone know if Axis&Allies or Rum&Bones are compatible?

Regards, Gorkar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It migth not look different, but its a totally different kind of gameplay there. S&S is not only about character leveling. It needs strategic positioning in fights. Also enemies react distintly different and need different tactics. Its not like in D&D wehre the basically just have different values for some stats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
Well, I was looking to buy, but since I can't combine it with the D&D games, I already have, I guess I will pass. This doesn't look that much different than what I already have other than there is a bit more character leveling.

Personally I'm thinking/hoping there is a lot more to this beyond the d&d games than just leveling. At this point though there would be no reason not to wait until after there are some reviews out anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.