14 Posts

Innovation» Forums » General

Subject: iello version and 3rd edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Millo Millo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The iello version contains the cards changes of base game and echoes in the 3rd edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Millo76 wrote:
The iello version contains the cards changes of base game and echoes in the 3rd edition?

No. The Iello version predates the third edition by several years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Millo Millo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do you think the new cards make the game better or i can leave things be?

unfortunatly the new cards are not available for iello version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
[[img]https://boardgamegeek.com/jswidget.php?username=Krsnaji&numitems=5&header=1&text=title&images=medium&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=left&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1[/img]
mbmbmbmbmb
What is unique to the Iello 2nd edition Inovation as compared to the Asmodee 3rd edition Inovation - graphics aside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Asmadi Games 3rd Edition has a half dozen card text changes to balance a few cards for a more fun experience. The rules and vast majority of the game are the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Krsnaji wrote:
What is unique to the Iello 2nd edition Inovation as compared to the Asmodee 3rd edition Inovation - graphics aside?

If you want to find out all the differences between the various editions of Innovation, there are a bunch of threads on these BGG forums that you can read on the topic.

(Be prepared to wade through numerous flame wars about the graphics, hopefully, none of which will be repeated here. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
[[img]https://boardgamegeek.com/jswidget.php?username=Krsnaji&numitems=5&header=1&text=title&images=medium&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=left&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1[/img]
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
The Asmadi Games 3rd Edition has a half dozen card text changes to balance a few cards for a more fun experience. The rules and vast majority of the game are the same.

Thank you for the reply.
Six cards had some text modifications. Or perhaps there was six words canged on two cars, six words on one card.
Perhaps, in the new speak of our day, it is more of a 2.1 or perhaps even a 1.2 ?
That is with the purely subjective personal asthetics regarding art aside (somewhere between Gustave Doré's Dante's Inferno vs cliff notes illustrations)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was six changes from 1st edition to 3rd. There are more changes from the Iello version to the 3rd edition due to some cards in the Iello version being misinterpreted when they changed the terminology. So those also change back from the Iello versions, but I forget how many there were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
We originally released 1.0, Iello released 0.9, and we're releasing 3.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Millo Millo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

is it possible to know the differences between Asmadi 1.0 version and iello 0.9 version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Millo76 wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

is it possible to know the differences between Asmadi 1.0 version and iello 0.9 version?

I'm not sure if this post was exhaustive, but the mistakes that were made in the Iello version were listed here:

rafal100 wrote:
IELLO Feudalism ability was changed (probably by mistake) Demand takes cards with [CASTLE] to Influence/Score instead of hand.
Compass is simutaneous exchanges instaead of 2 consequent transfers. (in some situations the card works differently)
Fission' ability text has lost "This ends dogma effect." I think this is another example of reckless IELLO editing.
And last detail: almost whole game terminology was changed.

I call them mistakes, because later in the thread, you will find:
angelkurisu wrote:
None of those changes was intended, and were results of translation from english to english.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Millo Millo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

rafal100 wrote:

Fission' ability text has lost "This ends dogma effect." I think this is another example of reckless IELLO editing.

[/q]
FISSION:
clock:i demand you draw a 10! if it is read, remove all hands boards, and score piles from the game!

clock:return a top card other than fission from any players board

but if fission resolves...no one can use second dogma cause the board and hand are empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Millo76 wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

rafal100 wrote:

FISSION:
clock:i demand you draw a 10! if it is read, remove all hands boards, and score piles from the game!

clock:return a top card other than fission from any players board

but if fission resolves...no one can use second dogma cause the board and hand are empty.

Without that text, if I make a fission demand of opponents A and B, the following can happen:

A draws a 10, it's red, fission triggers and all cards are removed.

B draws a 10, its not red, so they keep it.

Instead of all players starting at age 1 (the intent), one player starts again at age 10. It alters the card significantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Millo Millo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

Instead of all players starting at age 1 (the intent), one player starts again at age 10. It alters the card significantly.

Good to know.

this reminds me the ending of John Carpenter's Escape from Los Angeles...restart from the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.