Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hard pressed to think of a more beautiful looking game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew,

Among the Mars-inspired games this year, M:ASoC far and away is the most attractive of the bunch. Also, I played Terraforming Mars at SaltCON earlier in the month and I didn't find the art or graphic art attractive at all and while it's mechanically a good game, I didn't feel as absorbed in the narrative. I'm buying cards and moving cubes, but I never felt threatened, never felt any urgency...we simply created oceans, raised the temperature, etc.

Since its arrival two months ago, and even with a two-week suspension of games due to work, I've enjoyed more than a dozen plays of M:ASoC.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Andrew,

Among the Mars-inspired games this year, M:ASoC far and away is the most attractive of the bunch. Also, I played Terraforming Mars at SaltCON earlier in the month and I didn't find the art or graphic art attractive at all and while it's mechanically a good game, I didn't feel as absorbed in the narrative. I'm buying cards and moving cubes, but I never felt threatened, never felt any urgency...we simply created oceans, raised the temperature, etc.

Since its arrival two months ago, and even with a two-week suspension of games due to work, I've enjoyed more than a dozen plays of M:ASoC.

Cheers,
Joe

Mars has always fascinated me and so I am immediately interested in anything along this theme. I have pre-ordered First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet and have high hopes for that. I decided to wait for a second printing of Terraforming Mars but my interest in that game is now waning.

But if Martians: A Story of Civilization plays anywhere near as well as it looks then I will be in Heaven - or on Mars anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be curious to hear your thoughts and hopefully, I'll read a few of your Session Reports in the not-too-distant future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
I'll be curious to hear your thoughts and hopefully, I'll read a few of your Session Reports in the not-too-distant future.

You bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
It is nice to hear that. Hopefully, next year you will nominate our game in the graphic design category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, i just finished setting up for my first run through and just love the feeling it provides. Only other thing to do is paint the astronauts :-)

Not sure i'll do it but they do stand out when using the pre-painted buildings, etc..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.