Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Campau
United States
Mt Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested at how that transpired. How did you pull it off?

Was it an automatic crushing win? Or was it a waste of money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
A waste of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't done it, but if you had two companies and could dump the other company on the leader, I could see it helping. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Pearce
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Done it with the CGR in 1856, didn't win, but did impress myself with how much it ran for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
lukas4 wrote:
I would be interested at how that transpired. How did you pull it off?

Was it an automatic crushing win? Or was it a waste of money?

To my mind, the only reason you might do this is that you have two corporations, each with a diesel, and you transfer one diesel to the other corporation and dump the trainless corporation on the current leader, forcing him or her to fund a diesel out of pocket and allowing you to pass him or her for victory.

The amount the two diesels run for in this scenario is likely to be just a lagniappe. You won't get any additional stock appreciation in 1830 for paying higher dividends, and you'll probably end up less well-off than if you hadn't dumped, but if you can pass the leader and win as a result, it would be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
Have done it plenty of times, definitely a waste of effort in most cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian E
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Typically two diesels would only make operating sense, in a game where the players agree to start the bank with significantly more money (to extend the game's length). The old PC computer game gives this option, and any face to face group could agree to it also. That would increase the return to preparing companies to acquire diesels and to constructing good diesel routes, which changes the game's strategy in a way that might appeal to players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pun
msg tools
mbmbmb
I managed to do enough withholding for my company in the brown zone to buy a second DT.

Ran for $70+

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.