Paul Crispi
United States
North Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[Crispi, njcpcc- Paul]

Just in case someone is here.

The example on the CRT suggests only one attacking unit suffers the results and all defending units, but the descriptions of the results say all owning units. Does only one unit suffer the result if attacking?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hinton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strangely enough, I've just set up my first game, which I'm playing solo. (My wife is away for the weekend so I've been able to grab all the space I need on the dining room table.)

Anyway, the example they've used on the CRT seems correct though they've maybe not explained it very well.

Easy one first: the defender has suffered a "shattered" result which, as the Explanation says, affects all of his units.

The attacker, however, has suffered a "disrupted" result which affects all Charging units, or, if there aren't any, one attacking unit. As the example mentions no adjustment to the die-roll, the assumption is that no units charged, so just one of the attacker's units is affected.

Had a 2 been rolled, but the attacker had decided to use his shock value, so adjusting the die-roll by +2 (to 4), then the result on the CRT would have been the same as the example, but the effect on the attacker would instead have been to all units whose Shock Value had been used in the attack rather than to just one unit.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck with the game. It's certainly an interesting one with it having no zones-of-control and total freedom of pre-combat movement, and takes a bit of getting used-to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.