Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the rules basically say "hey, if you are the first player of this season, you are free to use one different season action, have fun"

and

"hey, if you are not the first player of this season, you may use one different season action, but you will not be the first player in the next roung. have fun"

My question for you guys is: as the round fp, how often do you enjoy that other season action?

And most importantly, as sp (second player) how often do you go for a different season action?

When i am the fp, i always try to explore the opportunity to use this bonus every round and on the last round ofc. But when i am the SP, i have never used this bonus as i fear in the next round i will be crushed for playing as the SP again.

Thats my experience playing FoA. How do you guys approach it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acting off-season as the first player isn't completely free. Prior to doing so, there is always a chance the the second player will decide it's worthwhile to do it, making you first player again. By doing it yourself, you eliminate that as a possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmbmbmb
I never did it as 2nd player and never had it taken from me as first player. The possibility is there, I've sometimes considered it, but it never became attractive enough to break that dynamic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
Acting off-season as the first player isn't completely free. Prior to doing so, there is always a chance the the second player will decide it's worthwhile to do it, making you first player again. By doing it yourself, you eliminate that as a possibility.

I totally agree with you, i forgot to point this out. And that totally raise more questions and strategies.

Extreme example
As your last action as a FP should i go for a different season? My opponent may still do it... grrrr

So many strategies and possibilities, i realy love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Kaasen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Taking the off-season action as second player has the added "benefit" (sometimes beneficial, sometimes detrimental) of switching around the first player/season dynamic. So if you are currently going second during the summer, and consider that there is a spot (or 2) that you relay want to grab next summer, now is the time where you can ensure that you will both go first during the next summer and that you get the benefit of the off-season action.
I really like the first player dynamic. For instance if you are currently the first player in a season and want to remain that for the next instance of that season, you can spend your first action taking the off-season action, but that essentially makes your opponent the first player during this season and the following season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Also do not forget that only 1 worker of the 8 can use an off season action. Meaning that only 1 player can use the off season action spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.