Subject: Describing the factions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
How would you (If at all possible) describe each factions play style?

I've spent the last couple of months collecting MonPoc, and finally I have enough units and monsters to be able to play any faction I want

BUT... Now I want to introduce the game to my friends/gaming group. I think it will really help ease them into the game, if they can choose a faction that matches their playstyle/temperament.

So if any of you experienced MonPoc players could say a few words about each faction, I would greatly appreciate it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To me the Martians feel very long range and mobile. They can be good for hit and run style tactics. They arent very good close up though which makes up for their ranged advantage.

To me the Cthuul are good at recovery, at a cost and some enemy weakening tricks as well as the potential to summon units to locations other than the norm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Connor
msg tools
mb
ssk0909 wrote:
How would you (If at all possible) describe each factions play style?

I've spent the last couple of months collecting MonPoc, and finally I have enough units and monsters to be able to play any faction I want

BUT... Now I want to introduce the game to my friends/gaming group. I think it will really help ease them into the game, if they can choose a faction that matches their playstyle/temperament.

So if any of you experienced MonPoc players could say a few words about each faction, I would greatly appreciate it

I'll try my best.

Lords of Cthul: Attrition-Heavy Faction. Serious Healing, Serious ability to spawn in units and remove your enemy's.
Subterran Uprising: Attack-Heavy Pulgarists, but very little else.

Planet Eaters: Monsters Buff Units, but the units are outclassed by the Savage Swarm.
Savage Swarm: Good Mobility with Good Attacks, very solid, with limited, but outlined, synergies within the faction.

Martian Menace: Long-ranged, Fragile, and Can Gain Power Dice Easily.
Tritons: Action-Heavy with Good Close-Ranged Units. Monsters are somewhat more limited in comparison to others, but they have each their own potent tricks.

Shadow Sun Syndicate: Ninjas. OP. Fast and Hard-Hitting.
Ubercorp International: Monsters tend to be Mixed Attackers, and the Units are basically Support Pieces, lots of Red Abilities there.

GUARD: Again, Monsters support the lackluster Units. See Sky Sentinel.
Elemental Champions: A faction with reach and speed. Elementally Thematic.

Terrasaurs: Close-Quarters Attackers, but suffer because of their competition normally.
Empire of the Apes: Beatdown Brawlers/Power Attackers Monsters with a self-supporting ranged-heavy army.

This is by no means perfect. I never played GUARD or Terrasaurs, or half of the other factions for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
An addendum on the Planet Eaters. They can deal out alot of damage by either self destructing or having units nearby who are being damaged/destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.