Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only 8 yellow clips for elite monsters in the box. In our scenario this weekend, we had an objective that made it unnecessary to kill monsters, and we still had a bunch of elites on the board upon opening the last room. There were not enough yellow stands to place all of the remaining monsters.

Our assumption was that we treat this like running out of monsters, place what you can and the rest are left off the board. Was that assumption correct, or should we have proxied the stand, or just made the monster non-elite? It wouldn't have mattered either way, but if like to know in case it matters in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No. Isaac mentioned to find an alternative and stands do not limit the amount of a certain monster you can have on the board only the standees themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
ORVAULT
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I'm playing it. And worst I broke one on my last play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
haplo92 wrote:
That's how I'm playing it. And worst I broke one on my last play

They are quite fragile. I've already had 4 or 5 crack when putting the standees in. Though someone mentioned they and for cards and not thick cardboard. I think they make ones that are slightly open to better suit cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ended up buying replacement stands from a store in germany. About $10 altogether and got 2x as many stands as I needed. Shipped to me in the US.

The default stands damage the standees too easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mason
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After I scratched up the art on one of my standees, I played with the stands a bit to find a safer way to load them.

If you look closely at the standees, you will see that they have a die cut flat edge (90 degrees), and a slightly rounded die cut edge. I've found that if I insert the standees into the stands, having the 90 degree edge go in first, and then gently prying the rounded edge in second; the process is easier and no art damage occurs.

Works quick and easy for me, but YMMV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasquid wrote:
I ended up buying replacement stands from a store in germany. About $10 altogether and got 2x as many stands as I needed. Shipped to me in the US.

Yeah, I did the same - my new stands just came in today. Good thing I got extras, I guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What stands are you guys buying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, I bought these:

https://www.spielematerial.de/en/standfuesse-variabel-farbig...

I got grey for normal, yellow for elite, and a couple red for bosses. Then I doubled my order and split it with a friend who is getting Gloomhaven later.

Check out this thread for more options and discussion:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1732280/can-anyone-advise-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasquid wrote:

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.