Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://cmon.com/news/cmon-limited-hires-eric-m-lang-as-dire...

Congratulations Eric!

Blood Rage expansion(s) confirmed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick, buy some CMoN stock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that doesn't prevent other games by Eric to make it out into the world. CMON makes cool games, but they also only make a certain type of game, and I like diversity in my collection, and plays. Eric is one of the designers I pay attention to, and I hope this doesn't hobble his creativity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Quick, buy some CMoN stock!

lol good luck with that, I don't think it's listed outside the Hong-Kong exchange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
I hope that doesn't prevent other games by Eric to make it out into the world. CMON makes cool games, but they also only make a certain type of game, and I like diversity in my collection, and plays. Eric is one of the designers I pay attention to, and I hope this doesn't hobble his creativity.

If only Eric was now in a position to influence the kind of games CMON publishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:

CMON has rapidly been expanding the kinds of games they make. Their big name releases may be mini driven, but they've also been publishing games like Potion Explosion, The Grizzled, Bloodborne, Ta-Da, Rumble in the Dungeon, Unusual Suspects, and Raise your Goblets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
And Adrian Smith is now Lead Artist.

https://cmon.com/news/cmon-limited-hires-adrian-smith-as-lea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if now CMON just made their own Chaos in The Old world version, with GW approval ofc...
Hm...

Nah, GW probably still believes they can make solid, mainstream Board Game, with their own minis, priced for 50000$...

What a silly company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
What if now CMON just made their own Chaos in The Old world version, with GW approval ofc...
Hm...

Nah, GW probably still believes they can make solid, mainstream Board Game, with their own minis, priced for 50000$...

What a silly company.

If CMON wanted to make their own version of CitOW, they wouldn't need GW's approval. They would only need approval to use GW's IP. There's nothing to stop them from creating their own setting to house the existing mechanics of CitOW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
jmathias wrote:

If only Eric was now in a position to influence the kind of games CMON publishes.

I'm sure he is, but he's not going to be the final decision maker, either. It'll come down to the games that pay the bills. And currently, that is a limited scope of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
omnibus4404 wrote:
Hm...

What a silly company.

If CMON wanted to make their own version of CitOW, they wouldn't need GW's approval. They would only need approval to use GW's IP. There's nothing to stop them from creating their own setting to house the existing mechanics of CitOW.

Yeah, I know, I was talking about making CitOW with Warhammer IP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moosemcd wrote:
jmathias wrote:

CMON has rapidly been expanding the kinds of games they make. Their big name releases may be mini driven, but they've also been publishing games like Potion Explosion, The Grizzled, Bloodborne, Ta-Da, Rumble in the Dungeon, Unusual Suspects, and Raise your Goblets.

A lot of those are publishing partnership games, not in house games. Eric is going to have very little influence over those games. And again it comes down to what makes money, especially since they took VC and are now trading on the HKE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
TIM0THY wrote:
omnibus4404 wrote:
Hm...

What a silly company.

Yeah, I know, I was talking about making CitOW with Warhammer IP.

Put it in the world of The Others and have the different sins competing amongst one another for world domination and the most souls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
moosemcd wrote:
jmathias wrote:

A lot of those are publishing partnership games, not in house games. Eric is going to have very little influence over those games. And again it comes down to what makes money, especially since they took VC and are now trading on the HKE.

Their customer base can only support so many big mini projects at a time. While those may be their biggest money getters, supplementing them with other types of games that are also profitable (though maybe less so) can help the overall company line. If they just doubled or triped their big mini type projects, they will start eating into each other a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Eric. Well deserved. I still have some of your FFG games which credit you as a playtester.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done Eric!! laugh

I hope you have some more influence on making games more attractive for women like you wanted .. like more female clans in games and such ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder if he's involved in the newly announced Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures Wargame?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hughwyeth wrote:
Wonder if he's involved in the newly announced Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures Wargame?

From the press release it sounds like it's a partnership with cmon supplying the minis (and possibly handling the manufacturing) and dark sword providing the actual game.

So no, I doubt it. But who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:

fenners wrote:

Seriously CMON...what took you so long?!? Huge congratulations to both Eric and Adrian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
hughwyeth wrote:

From the press release it sounds like it's a partnership with cmon supplying the minis (and possibly handling the manufacturing) and dark sword providing the actual game.

So no, I doubt it. But who knows.

I would almost think it's the other way around. Dark Sword already has a line with GoT miniatures. I guess CMON is going to produce plastic miniatures from the metal originals and who is going to design the game .. I guess it must be CMON?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must have been quite a deal, Eric has been independent, while producing very successful games for a long time. Terms must have been great. Congrats Eric!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
ScoobyG wrote:

Blood Rage expansion(s) confirmed?

https://youtu.be/DmRFAArL1VE?t=356
"Confirmed" might be an overstatement, but still..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
jmathias wrote:
moosemcd wrote:
jmathias wrote:

I think if you look closer you'll see that the majority of the "certain type" of game you're talking about are also publishing partnerships. CMON doesn't really have that many designed in house games. Aside from Bloodborne there might be one or two more. Hence the desire to hire a director of game design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news, when Eric hits, he knocks it out of the park !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric has a pretty good batting average, if we're going to keep up the baseball analogies, but he's hit a few foul balls like a certain Kaos one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.