Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon Cooke
United States
Cedar Bluff
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who do we contact if the game is missing parts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShannonC wrote:
Who do we contact if the game is missing parts?

curiosity....wich missing parts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Cooke
United States
Cedar Bluff
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rocket tokens. None in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you looked in LEO?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
OSS/Ares
seems like that's the commonsense answer. Subbed for the intrigue as to why not. ????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
colmmccarthy wrote:
OSS/Ares
seems like that's the commonsense answer. Subbed for the intrigue as to why not. ????

With a lot of publishers there is a specific section of their website that allows you to contact them about missing or damaged pieces. Ares/OSS do not.

Ares is basically aresmagazine.com. They don't even have a contact us section on their website. Their "store" section leads to ossgames.com

OSS does have a contact page with email addresses set up specifically for rules, game submissions and order status.

I think it's a fair question for this individual to ask as there is nothing obvious on either website that would imply it's normal to contact them for missing parts.

In addition everyone is going to be in this situation for the first time, out of sync with us. Which is to say that while, for me, it's quite normal to reach out to a publisher about missing or damaged components, to someone else that concept might be new.

Also it's different than the normal way most of us approach this situation. We bought some food saver containers from Amazon and one of them had a defective lid. We went back to Amazon to resolve that issue, not the manufacturer of Food Saver products. It's a little bit more unique, to board games, that we would skip the seller and go straight to the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
oddtime wrote:
colmmccarthy wrote:
OSS/Ares

With a lot of publishers there is a specific section of their website that allows you to contact them about missing or damaged pieces. Ares/OSS do not.

Ares is basically aresmagazine.com. They don't even have a contact us section on their website. Their "store" section leads to ossgames.com

OSS does have a contact page with email addresses set up specifically for rules, game submissions and order status.

I think it's a fair question for this individual to ask as there is nothing obvious on either website that would imply it's normal to contact them for missing parts.

In addition everyone is going to be in this situation for the first time, out of sync with us. Which is to say that while, for me, it's quite normal to reach out to a publisher about missing or damaged components, to someone else that concept might be new.

Also it's different than the normal way most of us approach this situation. We bought some food saver containers from Amazon and one of them had a defective lid. We went back to Amazon to resolve that issue, not the manufacturer of Food Saver products. It's a little bit more unique, to board games, that we would skip the seller and go straight to the publisher.

Fair enough, I assumed it was Kickstarted due to the timing, and KS has a contact of the creator. I hope they get their parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even knowing who to contact could still lead to questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon Compton, owner of OSS posted this email address on CSW as the place to write with any concerns

orders@ossgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeThorne
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocket scientists... .

Is there a parts manifest anywhere? Setup says I should have 6 Ventures, but it appears I only have four. Of course, I may not know what one is because there is nothing I have found that says what they are....

Help, please.

Slightly-Frustrated Owner of Previous Edition and Interstellar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Clark
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to the game and going through the impressive, but also a bit confusing, package.

The Colonization manual has some parts info. On page 3 is a components list of everything except the cards.

I found what appears to be one error there: it lists "5 rockets (in 5 colors) plus 12 rockets (in 3 colors)..." Actually, I have 15 rockets in 3 colors, rather than 12 as listed, in my set, which appears to be the right # needed for a 5 player game.

I've yet to find a full manifest of all the cards, but there is information to be found in the various sections of the Colonization booklet. For example, on page 19 (Module I; Ventures & Glory) it mentions that there should be 5 Glory cards and 4 Venture cards, and that's how many of each of those I have.

I have a feeling that the Training Guide booklet, which I'm finding a big disappointment, is in error on page 5 when it says "6 ventures" since both the card decks and the Colonization book say 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
ClashFan wrote:
I found what appears to be one error there: it lists "5 rockets (in 5 colors) plus 12 rockets (in 3 colors)..." Actually, I have 15 rockets in 3 colors, rather than 12 as listed, in my set, which appears to be the right # needed for a 5 player game.

Is that in the physical rulebook? In the pdf it says "15 rockets (in 3 colors)".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeThorne
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ClashFan wrote:
The Colonization manual has some parts info. On page 3 is a components list of everything except the cards.

Good call! Found it, thanks.

ClashFan wrote:
... the Training Guide booklet, which I'm finding a big disappointment....

Me, too. "Read this first" suggests 'first things' like the manifest. My 16-year-old future rocket scientist and I played the 2nd edition years ago and liked it, but it's been a while. Unboxing and using only the introductory manual was very confusing today. We plan on pulling out the COLONIZATION manual tomorrow and hope that manual clears it up. We found the introductory material a little confusing, but we loved the game as we remembered it. Maybe it's not just us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Clark
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart, yeah, the physical Colonization book says 12 rockets rather than 15. I'm guessing that there's an updated pdf?

Corporal Dave, yes, I got a bit frustrated with the Training Guide and went ahead and skimmmed and read parts of the first 20 pages of the Colonization booklet. That helped a lot!

The Training Guide seems not really to be ideal for new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
ClashFan wrote:
Bart, yeah, the physical Colonization book says 12 rockets rather than 15. I'm guessing that there's an updated pdf?

I downloaded the pdfs when they became available in April 2016 and in July 2016. They both have the correct rocket count. My guess is that this got changed erroneously for the print version.

Quote:
The Training Guide seems not really to be ideal for new players.

This is unfortunate but I think writing a really good introduction for this game is very tricky. Phirax's walkthrough and Rahdo's runthrough for the 2nd edition are still available. I'm hoping that this fantastic 3rd edition will inspire someone to make an even better fan-created introduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
Jon Compton, owner of OSS posted this email address on CSW as the place to write with any concerns

orders@ossgames.com

I reported a missing purple dome to this email address on 3/19. Got the following reply back the same day:

Quote:
We'll get one out to you; may take a little time. We're swamped at the moment.

So this email address DOES work, unlike the Kickstarter message I first tried sending.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
DDeT wrote:
Rocket scientists... .

Is there a parts manifest anywhere? Setup says I should have 6 Ventures, but it appears I only have four. Of course, I may not know what one is because there is nothing I have found that says what they are....

Help, please.

Slightly-Frustrated Owner of Previous Edition and Interstellar.

Projected contents:
One 36" x 24" matte-finish solar system map mounted on high-quality chipboard
One 36" x 24" matte-finish interstellar map mounted on high-quality chipboard
One 56-page Rule Book
One 76-page Reference Book
One 24-page Starter Book
One 28-page Interstellar Rules Book
120 bridge-size color playing cards
Five plastic rockets, green, purple, white, red, and orange
15 plastic rockets (5 blue, 5 yellow, and 5 black)
10 wooden cylinders, two each green, purple, white, red, and orange
15 wooden fuel cylindrical markers (5 blue, 5 yellow, and 5 black)
30 wooden 8mm cubes, 6 in each green, purple, white, red, and orange
5 wooden 10mm cubes, 1 in each green, purple, white, red, and orange
35 wooden colony hemispheres, 7 in each green, purple, white, red, and orange
20 plastic outpost rings, 4 in each green, purple, white, red, and orange
45 plastic claim disks, 9 in each green, purple, white, red, and orange
30 black plastic disks
30 translucent blue plastic disks
30 yellow plastic disks
120 translucent blue plastic beads
12 translucent red disks
Five 8.5x11 color player mats mounted on high-quality board
One 8.5x11 solar system chart mounted on high-quality board
Four six-sided dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
msg tools
Badigel wrote:

20 plastic outpost rings, 4 in each green, purple, white, red, and orange

I only received 10 rings (2 of each color), but I believe that this is the correct amount. 10 rings is also listed in the colonization manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only got 8 outpost rings. The two for green faction are missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got everything but for some reason all the white components were in their own bag (everything else was sorted by type for the 4 other colors).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parts manifest on page 3 of the High Frontier Colonization rulebook had a typo listed "• 5 rockets (in 5 colors) plus 12 rockets (in 3 colors) for rocket location & fuel" when there should be "15 rockets (in 3 colors)"; and for my game everything was present plus one extra translucent blue tiddlywink for water. I feel bad for those who got shorted components, but I'm sure Ares Magazine/OSS will make good on any missing parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ross Spurgeon
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey - you received my Outpost Rings (missing the 10, 2 of each color)

what do ya know!!!

EDIT: received my replacements yesterday... with a few other items - thanks for the prompt replay and service OSS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galfridus wrote:
I got everything but for some reason all the white components were in their own bag (everything else was sorted by type for the 4 other colors).

I think that was to prevent colour transfer during shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.