Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loot for Frontier Town Missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebas Nolastname
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Frontier Town Missions mostly have an special reward with x amount of gear collected or x amount of gold. But what about groups of enemies added by darkness cards, do they add loot cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They should

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
From the rulebook page 27:
"At the end of a Fight, every Hero is allowed
to draw one Loot card for each Threat card that
added Enemies to the Fight (to a max of 3 Loot
Cards each)."

Since darkness cards are not the same as threat cards, they do not add loot cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duncanous wrote:
From the rulebook page 27:
"At the end of a Fight, every Hero is allowed
to draw one Loot card for each Threat card that
added Enemies to the Fight (to a max of 3 Loot
Cards each)."

Since darkness cards are not the same as threat cards, they do not add loot cards.

From the same page:

"This also includes each instance of Enemies that were added to the Fight by other means, such as a Darkness or Encounter card, or the Depth Event chart."

So, yes. Darkness Cards that add Enemies will up the loot value of the Fight.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebas Nolastname
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes but, what about Town Missions, they add enemies every single round sometimes. And they have an special reward considering these. And is just a single fight the whole adventure.

Do you take loot cards just for enemies added from Darkness?

Do you take one basic loot card for the whole bandit group + the one from darkness?

Do you keep adding loot cards every time more bandits are added, of course always capping at 3 loot cards per hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastian81 wrote:
Yes but, what about Town Missions, they add enemies every single round sometimes. And they have an special reward considering these. And is just a single fight the whole adventure.

Do you take loot cards just for enemies added from Darkness?

Do you take one basic loot card for the whole bandit group + the one from darkness?

Do you keep adding loot cards every time more bandits are added, of course always capping at 3 loot cards per hero.

Honestly, nobody knows. The Town Adventure Rule Book is sorta unclear on that (as well as a few other things, like how the heck High Noon interacts with temporary effects that only exist "during the next Adventure").

In the absence of clarification, I would go with the simplest interpretation of the rules. If the Town Mission doesn't mention that it's reward replaces normal Loot, then play as normally.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they would have addressed this in the erratta. Seems i'm giving 1 loot card/hero at the end of most of these missions....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm constantly annoyed by this rule. As of right now I play "1 loot card per group of enemies added to the board (from ANYWHERE), but still Max 3 loot cards per hero."

Although I do not add a loot card if no physical models were added to the fight, like in the situation where max models are already on the board and you must then give them 1 additional elite ability.

Honestly, i think the loot mechanic needs a bit of an overhaul---i've read some variant ideas, but nothing i'm 100% behind yet. I'll post something better than my current idea when i figure it out, but for now I'm playing the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.