Subject: Can you "overspend" intel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
"We talked a little more of Milesians and Firbolgs; but I do not write what he told me here, as it is at variance with things I have written already, as is often the case with legend, whence comes a pleasing variety." -Lord Dunsany
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: at the end of my actions, I have two Intel left, and my opponent has two Intel left. It's now my Intel phase, just before I draw cards.

Can I spend two intel (outside the action phase) so he can't block my intel? Or are you restricted to opening with 1 intel during the intel phase and 2 intel as an action?

Thanks - we're enjoy the game quite a bit, and still learning nuances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
sos1 wrote:
Situation: at the end of my actions, I have two Intel left, and my opponent has two Intel left. It's now my Intel phase, just before I draw cards.

Can I spend two intel (outside the action phase) so he can't block my intel? Or are you restricted to opening with 1 intel during the intel phase and 2 intel as an action?

Officially, no. Unofficially, if you'd like to do it that way, that's fine. I think it's actually a little better to say you can start intel with any value you want, but the minimum is 2 during actions, and 1 after. And your opponent needs to go at least 1 higher to block, but can go as high as they want.

But after some discussion we decided the extra rules and mental overhead wasn't worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
sos1 wrote:

Officially, no. Unofficially, if you'd like to do it that way, that's fine. I think it's actually a little better to say you can start intel with any value you want, but the minimum is 2 during actions, and 1 after. And your opponent needs to go at least 1 higher to block, but can go as high as they want.

But after some discussion we decided the extra rules and mental overhead wasn't worth it.

Ιf during my actions phase i pay 2 for intel my opponent has to pay 3 to block me?
This looks to me a little trickydevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.