Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyman Hurd
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yinsh is the fifth game released in the Project Gipof series. For those not already familiar with this terrific series of games, these are the brainchild of Kris Burm one of the most talented abstract games designers.

Technically the games in order in the full project comprise:

Gipf, Tamsk, Zertz, Dvonn, ?, Yinsh

In other words, Kris Burm has declared that this game is logically sixth (and he owes us one). In many ways this game is closer to Gipf than any of its predecessors.

Like Gipf the goal is to form rows of five markers of ones own color. Unlike Gipf, markers are placed by moving rings around on the board. Each time a ring is moved it leaves a marker of your color behind. The markers are double-sided and a ring can jump a contiguous row of markers, flipping them over (which could potentially be as much of a help for your opponent as for you).

The components of this game are very high quality which adds to the aesthetics. Also, since pieces are not constrained to move only a single square, the game (in my opinion) has amuch more open feeling than Gipf.

This game has been enthusiastically received and is playable online at Brettspielwelt and by email at Richard's PBEM Server. I enthusiastically recommend it (a 9 in my book).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.