Italy
Monza
MB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

the alpha version 1.0 of the game (Rules Book, Play Book and Vassal Module) is now available for download in the home page of the game:
https://sites.google.com/site/calvinuslab/rise-of-totalitari...

Herewith a preview of the Vassal Module:

The play-testing and proof-reading of this version is almost finished. An update of the game books will be out in a few weeks.

Regards,
Luca.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Lubsky
Germany
München
flag msg tools
Is there already a release date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cammisa
Italy
Monza
MB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet, sorry. As soon the proof-reading of the rules and play books is finished I will publish the updated files. Then, I will order the first review copy of the game on TheGameCrafter. I will publish this first edition of the game on TheGameCrafter shortly after a validation check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Lubsky
Germany
München
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick reply!

Is this game for 3 players only? The problem is that you rarely have exactly 3 players, either you meet with only 1 person or you have a larger group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cammisa
Italy
Monza
MB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Konstantin wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply!

Is this game for 3 players only?

Yes, 3 players, no one more and no one less. I tried to work out and discussed with play-testers any way to handle the third player (Communism) with a sort of AI bots like in games such as Churchill, Labyrinth or some COIN's. But we all agreed, and realized, that it would be worthless. The game is, and must be, for three players.

Konstantin wrote:
The problem is that you rarely have exactly 3 players, either you meet with only 1 person or you have a larger group.

Really? My experience is quite different. It does not happen regularly, but it's quite a common occurrence: the game is for 4 players and we are 3 and search a fourth player to fill the table, or the game is for 5 and we are only 4, etc.

On the other hand, Rise of Totalitarianism is for hardcore gamers. I think it is the kind of game that is usually planned a few days before the play session, not for casual gamers. So, this could not be an issue unless your group is always composed by the same members and one or two of them would sit and see the others playing when Rise of Totalitarianism is on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cammisa
Italy
Monza
MB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The proof-reading of the game rules and play book is finished. I updated the download links of all game components.

The official version 1.0 of the game is now online! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.