Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If you spend 2 trophies to purchase one of the 3 items on the entrance card and then move to an adventure do you then go ahead and resolve the adventure (thus carrying out 2 actions)?

2. If there are 2/3 sanity/stamina rewards for solving an adventure do these all have to be given to separate investigators or can they all be given to one of the investigators?

3. If there is a monster on the 'free' Silver Twilight or Sheldon Gang task and you resolve the adventure as a member of these do you still claim the monster trophy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
1. These are not 2 separate actions. There is no Action concept in Elder Sign,but we have phases: the Entrance ability is used during Movement only, and then you are forced to move to an Arkham adventure in play. There you resolve the facedown effect of the card (if any), flip the card face up (unless it's already faceup), and resolve the entry effect. At this point the Resolution phase begins, and you go on from there, resolving the adventure

2. You are allowed to multiassign the gain to the same investigator (otherwise these rewards would not be solvable when soloing the game)

3. Going by memory yes. I think the rules say you automatically pass that task? If so, then yes.

EDIT: grammar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very clearly expressed and very helpful as always. Think I shall 'graduate' next time to OOI so will probably require more clarification. Many thanks Julia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome Trevor. Happy gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:

3. Going by memory yes. I think the rules say you automatically pass that task? If so, then yes.

No. 3 is wrong, under Membership Benefits in the rules,

If an Adventure is successfully resolved and a membership task included a monster token, the player ignores the monster and returns it to the monster cup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for checking the rules, Bern, much appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I don't get onto BGG as much as I used to, I've just noticed when the original post was put up....cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's OK Bern, I'm still around but spend most of my time now playing Star Realms!! But the info is still useful and thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.