1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [78] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: April Fools' Day Werewolf rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
Well behaved women don't defeat empires.
mbmbmbmbmb
April Fools' Day Werewolf

This is a 15 player game of werewolf with an April Fools' Day theme. There's nothing too outrageous in the game and nothing will occur in the game that is not in the rules already.

Unique Aspects

The game is full reveal but the reveals are guaranteed to be false. A player will never flip their actual role. They will flip a role that is still alive in the game. When a player dies all roles that are still in game will be randomized and that player will flip the role that was randomly selected (excluding their current role). The reveals are full role reveals so if someone flips seer they will flip a specific type of seer that is still alive, such as "Molly was the insane seer", which indicates Molly was not the insane seer and that the insane seer is still alive at the time Molly has died.

Every day a random mason chat will appear between two players. These chats may appear between any two players and they are always randomized. A player could potentially receive a chat multiple days in a row.

Roles

EVIL(4)

Werewolves (2)- share a chat, the nk and the mod's heart

Insane Bunny Rabbit (aux evil)- May choose to do ONE of the following three actions at night:

may choose to roleblock a player; this action can be done more than once per game

OPG- cast a spell on someone for the next day that forbids someone from casting a vote on a specific player and if they do then they die! The aux may not choose him or herself. The player who is cursed is not aware of this.

OPG- may open a chat between two players and secretly listen in!

Nosey Mosey (aux evil)- Nosey Mosey is quite inquisitive so he/she is aware of the entire evil team! Nosey Mosey may eavesdrop on the mason chat! Each night player will pick a time that they want to view the mason chat. You will receive a transcript of an hour before that time and an hour after that time. For example, if they choose to view the chat at 2pm bgg you will receive any messages that were exchanged between 1-3pm bgg. These will be sent via gm. Nosey Mosey is notified at dawn of who the mason chat is between and then chooses the chat times. They receive the chat time information after the timeframe they have chosen is up.

GOOD (11)

Seer*- real alignment seer- views a player each night and learns if they are good or evil

Seer*- naive alignment seer- views a player each noght and learns they are good! all views will come back good!

Seer*- paranoid alignment seer- views a player each night and learns they are evil! all views will come back evil!

Seer*- insane alignment seer- views a player each night and receives the reverse view; evil players will view as good and good players will reveal as evil!

Martyr- good luck!

Villagers (6)- super awesome.. basic villagers; find some evils!

*All seers will see their role as "seer" in cassy. One randomly chosen seer will receive an n0, the other three seers will not receive an n0. Seers can NOT view themselves.

Victory Conditions

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining, evil wins.

This game will start the Monday before April Fool's Day(3/27). Lynch will be at 3pm bgg with dawn at 4pm bgg. There is NO night posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
4theta
Benesephiir
BerenCamlost
doppio
Mimikyu
monogarden
ortho_
PaperF
Rhanddom
RoyalApe
silverbonds
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
The_Rorab
TigerDoodle

15 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1745220

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
OPG- cast a spell on someone for the next day that forbids someone from casting a vote on a specific player and if they do then they die! The aux may not choose him or herself. The player who is cursed is not aware of this.

This power has the power to be extra effective dependant on mod availability, can you clarify it?

For example:

a) bunny rabbit curses player X. Player Y votes player X while you're online. Y is killed. Other players are aware that X is cursed and don't vote there.

vs

b) bunny rabbit curses player X. Player Y votes player X while you're not online. Players A and Z also later vote X. You then come online. A, Y and Z are all killed.

Will roles that there are more than one of (additionally, would Seer reveals include their hidden trait?) have the ability to flip as the same role that they are? Effectively, can Villy and Wolf flip Villy/Wolf because there is another Villy/Wolf alive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
SarahBoBara wrote:

This power has the power to be extra effective dependant on mod availability, can you clarify it?

For example:

a) bunny rabbit curses player X. Player Y votes player X while you're online. Y is killed. Other players are aware that X is cursed and don't vote there.

vs

b) bunny rabbit curses player X. Player Y votes player X while you're not online. Players A and Z also later vote X. You then come online. A, Y and Z are all killed.

Will roles that there are more than one of (additionally, would Seer reveals include their hidden trait?) have the ability to flip as the same role that they are? Effectively, can Villy and Wolf flip Villy/Wolf because there is another Villy/Wolf alive?

a. evil bunny rabbit curses player X which says if player X at any point votes player Y then they instantly die. It doesn't matter who anyone else votes if at any point during the day player X votes player Y then they disappear. I will try to take care of it as quickly as possible. It's kind of like having a cursed word and if the player says it then they die but in this case they have a cursed vote.

b. Nope. Flips are guaranteed to not be that player's role. The flips are full role flips. So, say the insane seer is lynched-- they could very well flip paranoid seer if the paranoid seer is still alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PSA: PaperF is very excited for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Chaotic Neutral
badge
10524 days since the last Incident
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why the hell I decided to sign up for this on Cassandra XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbonds wrote:
I don't know why the hell I decided to sign up for this on Cassandra XD

Because you cannot resist a mod chat with me? kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually not fond of flipless, but this particular one looks unique enough to be pretty fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimikyu wrote:
Usually not fond of flipless, but this particular one looks unique enough to be pretty fun.

Hi! I don't think we've met/played together! heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I talk about myself as he in the third person. This isn't a typo. =)
badge
My pronoun preferences are fairly easy going, though, and as long as you don't correct OTHER people's pronoun usage, you can call me whatever you want.
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you'll like Mimik a lot. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:

I'll try not to scare him away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
I just played the fool on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
TFang wrote:

I'll try not to scare him away.

I'm the ghost here. I'll do the scaring. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a new job which makes this lynch time almost impossible to me, so I signed up anyway. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this could be a very wacky and fun set. I'm intrigued.

How do seer roles "reveal"? As "seer" or specific living seer still alive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:

b. Nope. Flips are guaranteed to not be that player's role. The flips are full role flips. So, say the insane seer is lynched-- they could very well flip paranoid seer if the paranoid seer is still alive.

OK, you clarified this later - can you add that to the OP rules post please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This filled fast, wow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimikyu wrote:
This filled fast, wow.

They're all just that excited and ready for a mod chat!

What do you all say if I throw it into n0 right now-- we could have a 12 day day 1?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
kidding
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
Live for the moments you can't put into words
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this ends up being like Whack-A-Role devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SerWave wrote:

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
SerWave wrote:

soblue

I meant that in a good way. Even though it ended up not working out, I was enjoying trying to figure out what the heck was going on (mostly from dead chat)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SerWave wrote:
SarahBoBara wrote:
SerWave wrote:

soblue

I meant that in a good way. Even though it ended up not working out, I was enjoying trying to figure out what the heck was going on (mostly from dead chat)

I say that without reading the rules, but skimming them they look more straightforward.

Although the title alone makes me think shenanigans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love, love, love that Insane Bunny Rabbit is a role
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to throw the game into n0 right now. I'm hoping for first lynch on Monday and would like to dawn Sunday night. I want to throw it into n0 now to give people plenty of time to check-in. Please try to check-in to your mod chat by tomorrow night. If you are reading this and not signed up and would like on the replacement list then please send me a gm. Thanks, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Plum
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note: There are four seers in this set. Only one randomly chosen seer will receive an n0. A seer is randomly selected then a view from all other players is randomly selected. No other actions occur on n0. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the rules or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [78] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.