Antiquity» Forums » Rules

Subject: San Nicolo and the cost of housing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ola Normann
Norway
flag msg tools
Hi,

I just bought a first edition copy of the game. I haven't tried it yet, I'm just reading the rules and trying to understand the game.

With San Nicolo you get a house with a lower number for free when you build a house.

However, my player aid looks like this:

The number on the houses are not (to me) in any meaningfull order. Is the number in the top left corner what defines what which houses you get with the ability? So if I have built houses 1 - 5, I can then build house 14 (3d food, 1 lux) and chose, say, 13 (1 food, 3d lux) for free eventhough it's 'further down' in the grid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Advokaten wrote:
Hi,

I just bought a first edition copy of the game. I haven't tried it yet, I'm just reading the rules and trying to understand the game.

With San Nicolo you get a house with a lower number for free when you build a house.

The number on the houses are not (to me) in any meaningfull order. Is the number in the top left corner what defines what which houses you get with the ability? So if I have built houses 1 - 5, I can then build house 14 (3d food, 1 lux) and chose, say, 13 (1 food, 3d lux) for free eventhough it's 'further down' in the grid?

I believe so, as it's a lower number. They're arranged like this so you understand the costs better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
Advokaten wrote:
The number on the houses are not (to me) in any meaningfull order. Is the number in the top left corner what defines what which houses you get with the ability? So if I have built houses 1 - 5, I can then build house 14 (3d food, 1 lux) and chose, say, 13 (1 food, 3d lux) for free even though it's 'further down' in the grid?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The numerical order is based off the increasing costs of the houses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Advokaten wrote:
Hi,

As you go down the grid, houses cost more lux goods. As you go to the right, houses cost more food. Therefore, the cost progression goes diagonally from the upper left to the lower right. That's why they're numbered the way they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Switzerland
flag msg tools
With San Nicolo, if I pay for two houses would I get one or two (with lower numbers) for free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Two, there's no mentioning in the rules, that this power is restricted to once per turn. You could e.g. built house 6 and 8 in a turn, and get 5 and 7 for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.