Subject: Puke slayer and fleeing Monstrosities - bonus for "defeating"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've come across some interesting questions for the game. I can't take credit for the original ideas.

Getting rid of monstrosities normally confers a bonus. Does Puke's Slayer get this bonus when monstrosities run away? I'd say no with the rules as written even though the game effect is still the same - a monstrosity figure is removed from the board.

Could the slayer choose to forgo the ability and confront the monstrosity in order to earn the cards? I'd say no because the monstrosity flees at the sight of the slayer. Perhaps an attribute test to "catch" the monstrosity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Following the rules as written, I'd agree the answers are "No" and "No".

But this is a very thematic game, and Richard has always been supportive of house rules that make the game more fun for that particular group. So if you want the slayer to have an ability to sneak up on a monstrosity and fight it, go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

No, the Slayer gains no bonus for a Monstrosity fleeing. And no, it is not optional as the Monstrosity actually leaves in fear.

Thanks for your interest,

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.