Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Slayer abilities are worded like this:

"Simply moving into a location with X..."

"Moving onto a location with X..."

The slayer isn't moving in Phase III. Are the minions placed? I'd say yes. Do they go away when the hero moves next turn (eg - they are moving through the space)? I'd say no. You'd have to leave and come back.

[Title updated to reflect the official answer. Minions are not placed which closes off an edge case where players could run out of raider figures before the Slayer ability kicks in, resulting in a loss. Under the revised rule, this edge case cannot occur.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Slayer ability and placing minions in Phase III - are they placed? Are they removed on the next Slayer turn?
I believe there is an existing thread with a specific answer from Richard Launius for this question also.

And I believe this is the other answer you seek: Questions about Healing, Raider Spawning after Leader Death, and Visions Mutation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Slayer ability and placing minions in Phase III - are they placed? Are they removed on the next Slayer turn?
Thanks. Someone asked me this question in geekmail and when I used a search engine to find the answer, I was drawn back to an old thread I participated on with

Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb

where I was bemoaning the timing issues involved with placement between Phase II and III. If the Raiders must hit the board first, THEN are removed by the hero's Slayer ability, you could still lose the game because the "unable to place raiders" condition is met before they are subsequently removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The Raiders are placed and then immediately removed from the slayer's location. If they would have depleted the Raiders supply to zero as being placed, the players would lose.

But it is important to note that the Slayer does not have to leave and return to the location, their presence will send the raiders fleeing.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.