Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario mode? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does the new kickstarter offer a scenario mode or is this game still a sandbox game ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By "new" do you mean Journeyman? The module system is not a sandbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Smothers
msg tools
Crueltism wrote:
Does the new kickstarter offer a scenario mode or is this game still a sandbox game ?

There are multiple 3 Act modules, which are basically strung together scenarios. There are also quite a few community made ones here in the file section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
With new I mean the actual KS journeyman. Read some reviews here on BGG for 1.0 but found out it was a sandbox game. Will this be like Gloomhaven or is the amount of scenarios not that much ? Is this game good solo playable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played solo quite a bit. It is very playable solo. I run two or three characters when playing solo and it is fun. It can be run as a sandbox game, but the module system is 3 acts (I think all are three "rooms" or "tiles" per act).

I have not played Gloomhaven, so I cannot speak to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Smothers
msg tools
Crueltism wrote:
With new I mean the actual KS journeyman. Read some reviews here on BGG for 1.0 but found out it was a sandbox game. Will this be like Gloomhaven or is the amount of scenarios not that much ? Is this game good solo playable?

It is not very much like Gloomhaven at all, no. I would say that one module probably adds up to about 3 Gloomhaven scenarios, and there are 5 from Megacon I believe? More are coming, on top of the community stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you want something like Gloomhaven, stay away from MYTH. The big draw of Gloomhaven is its campaign / legacy system.
MYTH has nothing like this. Even though modules (scripted adventures / stories) exist, they are few and scattered atm and you'll have to print stuff yourself. MYTH is more like a game system than a game. You'll only have fun with it, if you are willing to invest time (and money) to make it "yours".

If you are uncertain, the best thing to do is to:

- get someone to run a demo for you. I see you are from Germany, so you might ask in the German MYTH Forum http://www.weltvonmyth.de/. While the german MYTH player base is pretty small, you might get lucky.

- watch the playthroughs on MCG site. What you see there is what you get. If you want more out of the game, you'll have to work for it.

Perhaps it would help to know, why you didn't get Gloomhaven in the first place. If it was just, because it is hard / expensive to get atm then I wouldn't recommend MYTH. They are totally different games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have both games and i enjoy both!

if you are like me, and you are looking for a thematic game, that sets you in this fantasy mood, where you play some background music and enjoy the ride, then the games are similar.
both offer this rpg like feeling of entering a vast fantasy world.

both have card play, but very different.

in the near future myth will have arround 12 modules i think (2 printable, 2 from shores and blackwall, and 8 stand alone) each model has 3 acts, and every act is a bigger than one gloomhaven scenario. so that equals 50 gloomhave scenarios (plus the quest packs for myth which are really cool, and tell a little story and have quest chains)

what myth is lacking is the progression of the heroes. yes you find items, but you are only allowed to keep 1 or 2 at the end of an adventure.
the deck progression is also very slow (too slow for my taste, it takes you at least 3 modules to get to your first journeyman card, and that is only 1 card out of 25 then... to have a fully fledged out journeyman hero will take you a lot of time)

i would highly recommend this game to miniture and fantasy lovers who are looking for a different style of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.