Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3 card reward in Defenders of the Realm were handed out as spoils for defeating a general (looting their tent, rewards from grateful residents, treasure from the king, etc.)

Last Stand has a mechanic where heroes can discard cards to damage a general without fighting them. A previous thread said the Slayer title is conferred, but it didn't answer whether the bonus 3 cards were awarded. Does the Slayer get the cards?

My background with Defenders of the Realm would say no cards are awarded, but if the Slayer title is conferred by sabotage then why not the cards too? Perhaps it's the loot left behind by fleeing Raiders/Monstrosities or simply largesse conferred by grateful residents of Last Stand and the surrounding waste lands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the threads has a comment from Richard Launius that addresses that question specifically. I'll look for it when I can.

I believe this is the answer you seek: Killed Monstrosities and Puke Losing HP Can Puke be Killed this Way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
One of the threads has a comment from Richard Launius that addresses that question specifically. I'll look for it when I can.

I believe this is the answer you seek: Killed Monstrosities and Puke Losing HP Can Puke be Killed this Way?

That thread only clarifies the slayer award. The question of the 3 cards is still unanswered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Aging One wrote:

That thread only clarifies the slayer award. The question of the 3 cards is still unanswered.

Okay, but, if you want an easier game, take the cards. If you want a harder game, only take the cards when you kill the Leader in combat. Richard Launius is a huge fan of house rules! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I stumbled across the old thread while thinking about a question someone in Geekmail asked me, and I realized the card portion of the question was never answered.

I crafted my posts with very specific titles so it's easier to find the answer in the future. It's challenging finding answers weeks/months later with titles like "just a couple of questions" or with follow-up questions for topics vaguely related to the original post. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond - been busy.

Yes, when you gain the Slayer Title you gain the reward of 3 cards. This ocurs regardless of how the Slayer title is earned.

As noted by David - if you want a tougher game, you can just take the title, but not the 3 cards. The game level should be set on what is best for your gaming group.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.