8 Posts

Rum & Bones: Second Tide» Forums » General

Subject: Aurelio Voltaire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Ehmig
msg tools
Heyho,

after two games with Aurelio Voltaire, we decided to kick him out of the game. With his Basic Attack he was able every game to kill nearly the whole Deep Lords Crew + nearly 1 Hero in on round.
Does anyone has the same experience with him or did we missunderstood his attack, aiming all zones around with one attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottie Mick
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would have posted this in the Rules forum; Michael S might have replied. He still might, but unsure if he browses all forums lol

My take on this is that sure, you can target all adjacent zones (range 1), but you still only roll 2 dice for each zone. Shouldn't be that OP in my mind. Haven't tried it yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
scottiewolfe wrote:
I would have posted this in the Rules forum; Michael S might have replied.

This isn't a rules question; it shouldn't be posted there. Strategy might be reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having trouble seeing the problem with this - so he does that early game and then goes squish on your turn, right? I mean, his attack only has two dice, so even with all hits, you're only looking at a max damage output of six to four zones (assuming no movement was necessary) - at which point he is hideously exposed. Really, any hero can do that kind of damage if he is in proper position and rolls well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Ehmig
msg tools
Didn't post it into the rules section, because I wanted to hear about your experience with Aurelio Voltairen.

Maybe we had stupid positionings the last times he had such a hard Impact.
Today we'll play another round, mayber again with Voltaire
The biggest Problem was the massive loss of crewmembers after his attacks (range of 2 zones, wasn't it?). With the kills he got many coins and could unlock and update all his skills in early game.

But like you said, maybe it's all a question about proper positioning

Thank you for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say I haven't played him (USA, still waiting on the expansion characters), so I'm just looking at his raw stats.

I do think the 2nd edition of Rum & Bones is a bit less forgiving because it moves faster, so when a positioning mistake is made, it's pretty rough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome homage to an awesome dude. ^_^

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-vI-uJhsGZoO6GEZ44mskw

(Especially after putting Jareth in Zombicide, somebody at CMON is, dare I say it again, awesome.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Cush
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
If I'm not mistaken, Aurelio's basic attack "When You're Evil" targets all ZONES in range (which would include zones that have friendly crew/heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.