Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Deegan
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone know the size of the Tribe cards? I've preordered and would like to have some sleeves ready to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would like to know as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ME TOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the Card Sleeve size thread and Ethnos isn't listed yet. Hope we get this information beforehand too so we can have sleeves on hand and ready to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After literally 7 attempts at contacting CMON, I finally got an answer:

Quote:
The cards for Ethnos should be Standard American size, 2.25 X 3.5 IN or 56 X 89 MM.

Their use of the word "should" is a little troubling, but I'm hoping it's just a quirk in the respondent's writing style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up: I finally got my copy today and I can confirm they are, in fact, Standard American size.

The only negative I can see is, as nice as the insert is, the two areas for the cards are too small to allow for sleeved cards. This is unfortunate, because so much attention was clearly given to the insert's design. It's great for literally everything but cards with sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Hockman
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
That's such a frustrating oversight. We live in a society. We aren't savages anymore. We sleeve our board games ????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards might fit on top of the player tokens if sleeved? Mine are not, but seems like it's possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Biangel
United States
Ft Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fantasy Flight American sleeves. They fit perfect. I just finished sleeping mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Biangel
United States
Ft Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
The green FF sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have those sleeves, and they're perfect for the cards, but once sleeved, they no longer fit in the insert, both in length and width, but the added thickness makes the stacks too thick as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'm Kurt and I'm a sleever.

[Hello Kurt.]

When I first got into modern boardgames and found out about sleeves, I sleeved everything. I wanted to protect the cards and I like the way they shuffle, especially when shuffling only a few cards. However, lately I've been trying to only sleeve cards that get shuffled a lot or for games that are really good that I want to last.

I actually wasn't planning on sleeving Ethnos, but after my first game, this one is definitely getting sleeved. It's freaking awesome! And my only game so far was a two-player game where I played both sides. I can't wait to play it with others. Super simple rules with amazing strategic choices. This one is a keeper.

Plus, it's going to get a fair amount of shuffling. Since you start the game with all of the factions sorted out, you have to give it a really good shuffle before the game. Then the entire deck gets shuffled twice more each game. Also, since the dragons are used every game and the others will only get used every other game (on average), it's possible the dragons will start to show wear before the rest of the cards which could telegraph the game end. So, sleeves on Ethnos for sure.

You will need 171 sleeves by the way. 12 factions x 12 cards each + 12 more for the halflings + 12 for the randomizers + 3 dragons.

Oh, and about the insert: it's not so good if you store your games vertically. All of the player disks fall right out. I'd rather store the disks in bags anyway. Easier to start the game and clean up since you can just toss everyone a bag and they can bag their own disks at the end. Because of that and the fact that it won't work with sleeved cards. I won't mind pitching it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed some Standard American size sleeves are listed as 56mm wide while others are 57mm wide. Is that semantics, or is this something to take into account? I measured my cards at 57mm x 89mm.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
I've noticed some Standard American size sleeves are listed as 56mm wide while others are 57mm wide. Is that semantics, or is this something to take into account? I measured my cards at 57mm x 89mm.

Thanks!

I just sleeved mine last night with Fantasy Flight greens. They were quite snug width-wise. Fantasy Flight claims their green sleeves are 57mm. Assuming that is accurate, I do not believe they would have fit on if they were a mm narrower without bending the card. FF sleeves are a pretty heavy material though. If the other sleeve is made of a thinner plastic, perhaps that would account for the extra mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbieb wrote:
I just sleeved mine last night with Fantasy Flight greens. They were quite snug width-wise. Fantasy Flight claims their green sleeves are 57mm. Assuming that is accurate, I do not believe they would have fit on if they were a mm narrower without bending the card. FF sleeves are a pretty heavy material though. If the other sleeve made of a thinner plastic, perhaps that would account for the extra mm.
Thanks for this info. I do have some FF greens and I do like them, but they're starting to get pricey for some reason. They're also one of the "beefier" sleeves at 105 microns. I've been looking at ones ranging from 45 microns up through around 90 microns.

Either way, this is very useful info. It sounds like it's not worth the gamble of using 56mm sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lalonde
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ultra-Pro are 56X87 and fit the cards perfectly, I guess every manufacturer measures their cards differently (from the inside or from the outside). The cards aren't tight width-wise, they don't move but they're not even close to bending. For the length, they're almost dead even with the top of the sleeve, the sleeve are just a tiny smidge taller than the cards, so they've worked perfectly for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
The cards might fit on top of the player tokens if sleeved? Mine are not, but seems like it's possible

Nope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lalonde
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just kind of half assed it for now, I cut the insert in half so the sleeved cards would fit, I'll have to figure out a more permanent solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hazelsmrf wrote:
I just kind of half assed it for now, I cut the insert in half so the sleeved cards would fit, I'll have to figure out a more permanent solution.

I put the cards under the insert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bartels
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:

Thanks!

Taken from the card sleeve Geeklist: "Fantasy Flight measures its sleeves by the maximum size of card that will fit in them, not the size of the sleeve itself. This means that they will often fit cards that are slightly larger than standard size, which includes the cards in Fantasy Flight's own games."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
hazelsmrf wrote:

I put the cards under the insert

I created my own insert to hold my sleeved cards:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lalonde
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh I like that! What containers are you using for the tokens? I have some leftover foamcore so I'll try doing something similar, especially keeping all the factions separate like that. Even trying to keep them separate there's always the odd orc etc that ends up in my deck while playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hazelsmrf wrote:
Oooh I like that! What containers are you using for the tokens? I have some leftover foamcore so I'll try doing something similar, especially keeping all the factions separate like that. Even trying to keep them separate there's always the odd orc etc that ends up in my deck while playing.

The tokens are in favor tins. I have plenty left for other games after a great suggestion on using them in Terraforming Mars. They are at Michael's craft supply store:
http://www.michaels.com/celebrate-it-occasions-tin-favor-box...
[HINT: Make sure you check website for a 40%,50%,and sometimes bigger discount coupons]

Other thing to note to duplicate is you must angle the card slots due to box being slightly shorter than the average game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
To be vulnerable ...
badge
... is needed most of all.
mb
Thud105 wrote:
Follow up: I finally got my copy today and I can confirm they are, in fact, Standard American size.

The only negative I can see is, as nice as the insert is, the two areas for the cards are too small to allow for sleeved cards. This is unfortunate, because so much attention was clearly given to the insert's design. It's great for literally everything but cards with sleeves.

The insert is only a good insert if you store your games horizontally. If you store them vertically like most people then you might very well ending up just tossing the insert anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Andersson
Sweden
flag msg tools
coldkorn wrote:
coldkorn wrote:

Nope!

Actually, they do. Put the player tokens in their pockets. Divide the cards into three piles. Put one pile vertically and the remaining two horizontally on top of the player tokes. Not only do the piles fit, they also keep the player tokens in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.