Subject: Grafting and Plan C rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meta Rule Plan C says to put out Combination and Grafting as New Rules at the beginning of the game. Can Grafting be used to combine 2 digits to meet the goal and win the game, or must it be used to craft a 2-digit number that is then used in calculation (add, subtract, multiply, divide) to meet the goal?

For instance, if I have a 4 and a 2 can I use Grafting to combine it into a 42 and meet the goal, or do I have to do further calculations (e.g. if I also had a 1 I could multiply or divide by 1 to win)?

I'm assuming the latter since combining a 4 and a 2 to get 42 would basically be meeting the goal on the card, which with Plan C doesn't win you the game but allows you to draw 3 cards instead. Just confirming I understand correctly since this is my first time playing Fluxx of any flavor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Loe
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I believe that you are correct because there would need to be some kind of a mathematical operation performed in order to win with Plan C.

So, in your example, if you graft a four and a two together, you don't win because you aren't adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing anything; however, if you had a zero or a one as well as your four and two, you would win because you could graft the four and two together to make 42 and then either add zero or multiply by one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Looney
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
No, you can't win by Grafting alone if playing with Plan C. With Plan C, you must use mathematics to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.