Popular Tags: OP_deleted [+] [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you expecting their support to do?

You placed two orders. The first order shipped before they got to the second order.

You're getting what you paid for. What's the problem?

You're paying two shipping charges because you placed two orders. That's not them "providing poor service", that's them shipping orders in the order they were received. Why would you expect anyone would read a note on order #2 before shipping it and why would they try to ship #2 before #1?

Maybe you're inexperienced with online orders. Maybe you think stores have magical clairvoyance or always check to see if a customer has any other orders in the system when they process an order (protip: they don't). Maybe you think notes on orders get read immediately (nope).

If you ever find yourself in this situation again - CALL THE COMPANY IMMEDIATELY for best results. If you cannot get through, email the company, but do not get mad if they ship your first order before they read yoru email. DO NOT place the second order until you get them to hold or cancel the first order.

You're blaming them for your mistake. Just like you're blaming them for damage during shipment, which is pretty assinine unless there was zero packing material and tons of empty space in the box. Sometimes things happen, stop throwing blame around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Want To Believe that this is a problem, but I just can't.

Edited after the OP

decapitated the thread AND changed their avatar.

I will bleed for a joke to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick O'Neill
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
I've had nothing but good experiences with their customer support. Sorry you had a bad experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. It sounds unfortunate but ultimatelyavoidable with a bit more activity on your end. I think you are seeing many loyal customers, myself included, that have experienced nothing short of amazing customer service from MM. Just as is your right to "warn" would be customers of your experience, we are allowed the right to dispute yours with our own positive experiences.

The customer hold program is absolutely amazing and the customer service MM has to respond to emails and requests has simply amazed me. I continue to be impressed by MM. In this case I would have sent a quick email to follow up or call if during their business hours to ensure something like this didn't happen. I would just be careful if you are looking to shame against a very, very popular online retailer in a public forum of typically very educated and experienced online purchasers. Chalk this up to a learning experience. I'm not sure changing retailers is going to result in different outcomes without some improvement in ownership on your part. Best of luck though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Wilfong
United States
Odenville
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How the last couple of games I received from MM were packaged! I was extremely pleased

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, if you would have sent them a quick email (or called) right away they definitely would have taken care of it. I've always had very good experience with their customer service, as well as how excellent of a job they do packing games for shipping (same for CSI).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm warning others their "customer service" is bad.

Not for me it hasn't been. I had an order for Destiny booster packs and Deus: Egypt waiting on the release of Destiny.

I decided to cancel the Destiny packs.

I had ordered the Tuscany Essential deal of the day that same day. They canceled the Destiny part of my previous order, and without my requesting it, they linked Deus Egypt and shipped that out with Tuscanny to save me the $5.99.

I don't like holding orders to wait for free shipping. I just make separate orders when I want something and pay the $5.99 shipping. I assumed that is what I would do this time since, indeed, these were two separate orders.

As I said, they combined them without my asking them to. I didn't mention the Tuscanny order at all. They just saw it, I guess, and linked them for me.

I also canceled an order earlier in January with no problems at all. Quick and easy, money was back in my account next day.

I think if you look, you will find complaints about all these companies. CSI has had their fair share. You are moving all your business to them, yet there is a guy out there with a post like your about CSI saying, "Their customer service stinks."

Good luck with CSI. I go back and forth between MM and CSI and find their customer service to be about equal. They are both excellent for me.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In that instance just Give them a call or a quick e-mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience is that companies do not catch this kind of problem and I do not expect them to. They process orders in the sequence received.

As others have stated above, when I have this sort of issue where I want orders combined and I have not made comments in the first order, I contact customer service immediately, either by phone or e-mail. When I have taken this approach, I have always had good results, irrespective of the company.

This is not an issue with a store, it is an issue with improper expectations.

P.S. I'm also okay if you don't care what I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me to the list of thread respondents who've had only pleasant experiences with MM's customer support and agrees this is a "customer isn't quite always right" problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our experience with MM customer service was great. We placed an order for two items together, one was back ordered and after we found out our FLGS had it in stock we called MM to cancel the item, which they did, then we went and bought it at the store. After our money wasn't refunded within a week we called MM and they apologized and gave use the refund. They're human and capable of error, but they handled the situation just fine and the package we received was well padded.

In your situation, I have to agree with other posts here, I don't see the error on their part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market has been my go-to OLGS due to their low flat rate shipping and good service. Just this past week though, I've been e-mailing them back and forth to try and get them to ship some things I've had on hold. They said they would, but I've had to message them to remind them, and no response as of yet.

It would probably be easier just to call them, but I'm lazy

Not a big deal, but it does seem like they either need to hire more people to handle all the customer holds, or put some restrictions on it. Their customer service load seems pretty hefty these days...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all on you, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
And here we go, another "OP deleted post."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anytime customer service won't address the problem and fix it. That's bad customer service. Sorry if you think otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
Don't expect great service from Cool Stuff. I received San Juan from them last week and the edges of three cards were torn inside the game box. The cellophane the cards were wrapped in was also torn. Cool Stuff said that they couldn't do anything because it was an "inside the box" problem. I emailed Ravensberger but haven't received a reply from them, so it looks like I may stuck with three clearly marked/damaged cards. Good customer service would have been for the retailer to replace the defective item. MM and Cardhaus have both replaced defective items for me in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
Anytime customer service won't address the problem and fix it. That's bad customer service. Sorry if you think otherwise.

But what is the problem exactly? What do you specifically think they did wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stinkfoot71 wrote:
Don't expect great service from Cool Stuff. I received San Juan from them last week and the edges of three cards were torn inside the game box. The cellophane the cards were wrapped in was also torn. Cool Stuff said that they couldn't do anything because it was an "inside the box" problem. I emailed Ravensberger but haven't received a reply from them, so it looks like I may stuck with three clearly marked/damaged cards. Good customer service would have been for the retailer to replace the defective item. MM and Cardhaus have both replaced defective items for me in the past.

Good on MM and Cardhaus for replacing it, but it's pretty standard for stores to recommend you contact the manufacturers in cases like yours. Most of the have pretty generous policies towards replacing broken parts. They're also in the best position to do it cheaply, to learn from it, and to make changes in the future to fix those issues, so I'd argue it's better overall for the market (including the consumers who will bear the costs) if that is the GOP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:

Did you reach out to them at all, or just include a note in an order and then come here to rag on them because they didn't read the notes for all orders before shipping earlier ones?

(I can't tell since you deleted your initial post, undercutting your claim you were just here to warn others and you didn't care what we thought.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Allen
msg tools
Miniature Market is my go to shop! They've always gone above and beyond on customer service for me. Quick responses. Well packaged deliveries. Even their prices are very competitive. I love the new pay and hold feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
I Want To Believe that this is a problem, but I just can't.

Now this is like a joke that needed a prop, but the prop got stolen.

I demand a do-over.

or, get my writing staff to research and post the original avatar:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkart
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newkillerstar27 wrote:
Miniature Market has been my go-to OLGS due to their low flat rate shipping and good service. Just this past week though, I've been e-mailing them back and forth to try and get them to ship some things I've had on hold. They said they would, but I've had to message them to remind them, and no response as of yet.

It would probably be easier just to call them, but I'm lazy :p

Not a big deal, but it does seem like they either need to hire more people to handle all the customer holds, or put some restrictions on it. Their customer service load seems pretty hefty these days...

I've had nothing but great experiences with Miniature Market, and I've placed more than a few orders with them over the years. I've made use of the customer hold option for several orders, and I've noticed that they do tend to take a few days to ship items after you request that the hold be released. My guess is that they're probably overwhelmed by the number of orders and holds coming in, so that's just something to be aware of when you use their customer hold option. I personally don't view that as a problem, as I don't expect those orders to ship immediately, and their customer service people have always been pleasant and professional via email. I've never had an issue with an order from them.

As a side note, I've also placed orders with Cool Stuff, Inc., and Cardhaus, some of the other major online gaming shops, and I've had good experiences with them, too. Cardhaus's customer service was particularly good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:

Whydja go and decapitate the thread, change yo Avatah, then comment?

Since I'm a completionist at heart, and I've already made the trip, here is the OP:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
alandric wrote:

But what is the problem exactly? What do you specifically think they did wrong?

They didn't see the note on the second package after having already processed and seemingly already sent the first. Then put a hold on the second one, while jumping on a plane to beat the first package to their house. Wait for it and snatch it off the front porch, flying back to the shop where they would open it and put the second game into the box. Then sending on both games in one box.

duh. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
alandric wrote:

Sometimes the problem is the customer. If said customer no longer shops with Miniature Market, consider the problem resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.