6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: My account rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Cunningham

California
msg tools
I made an account "random guest" but now that account can't use the site at all for some reason. So I made a new account "kongzilla" under another email address. Now I can use the site again. If I am only allowed one account that's fine. I only want one account. But one that works!

What happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no insight into what killed "random guest," but I can confirm for you that you can have as many accounts as you wish. (As long as you don't rate the same game more than once across your accounts.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cunningham

California
msg tools
tumorous wrote:
I have no insight into what killed "random guest," but I can confirm for you that you can have as many accounts as you wish. (As long as you don't rate the same game more than once across your accounts.)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
And as long as you don't use a 2nd (or 3rd) account to get around your 1st account being suspended for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Hoya wrote:
tumorous wrote:
And as long as you don't use a 2nd (or 3rd) account to get around your 1st account being suspended for some reason.

There are actually some other prohibited interactions/uses of additional accounts, but very, very few regular users should need to be aware of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
And don't use them for sockpuppetry trolling, and so on. Basically if you want multiple accounts for some reason, don't use them for obviously jerky stuff.

The main non-sleazy reason I usually read for wanting 2 accounts is that some people donate to the site through a secondary account since they don't want patron badges on their "main" account's avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.