Subject: Some help pls with what I need for Omaha/Utah rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Williams
United Kingdom
Beckenham, KENT
flag msg tools
mbmb
Using the very helpful info from elsewhere, below is what I'm told is needed for Omaha/Utah, but some questions.

Omaha/Utah
~ 2 Base Games
~ 1 Terrain Pack (might have enough badges)
~ 1 Equipment Pack (might have enough units)
~ 2 Winter Wars

I have 2 base games, so that's ok. Are the terrain pack and Equipment pack only needed for badges? I don't have either exp and I'm not going to buy them just for that.

Why do I need winter wars? I have Overlord btw.

This will be a 4 player game using the Omaha/Utah maps, which seems to require the least amount of extra stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This breaks it out for each map, what you'll use from each expansion:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/123154/item/3142154#i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Williams
United Kingdom
Beckenham, KENT
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks but I don't quite get why it says the Overlord deck can be used to remove the need for both Winter Wars. What exactly in the overlord deck makes up for the 2 decks in winter wars?

I have the Overlord deck btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the Overlord deck is 2 decks, and the Breakthrough deck just adds On The Move icons to a couple card types. Look at the Winter Wars expansion's forums for details on the Breakthrough deck.

I found the original forum post on D-Day Landings requirements, and the 2nd post down here lists more details on bare minimums needed with substitutions and such:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1143252/what-youll-need...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Williams
United Kingdom
Beckenham, KENT
flag msg tools
mbmb
Coming back to this over a year later... still yet to play these maps!

What I still don't get with the Overlord deck instead of Winter Wars is how you implement the On The Move actions. The Overlord Deck does not have these printed on the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.