Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cmar
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at the Wizkids Keynote address at GAMA, and the first question after the presentation was done was "Are there any plans for D&D Attack Wing?" The answer, given with slight regret and hesitation, was "We have nothing planned. It just didn't do as well as STAW." This was asked in the context of the new STAW "reconfigured" product that we've already known about.

Not that anyone expected a different answer, but at least I appreciate (finally) hearing it officially. And I for one will keep playing D&D AW, as it remains an excellent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
I agree. I's a fun game. And you know what? The Icons of the Realms line is still going. So there will be loads of miniatures to use as customs...

And you all know what that means...!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Newell
Australia
Mayfield
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Took them long enough to admit it. Not that I'm bitter (except that I am)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad, but these things happen - it's a business, after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unfortunate that the last of the design work that Quixotic did for WizKids will likely never see the light of day. I would have liked to try another beholder with different powers that was rumored for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Shagrat wrote:
Took them long enough to admit it.

There were rumors of a reboot without troops and/or ground pieces. It may have taken them this long to come to decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Captain Shagrat wrote:
Took them long enough to admit it.

There were rumors of a reboot without troops and/or ground pieces. It may have taken them this long to come to decision.

I hope they wouldn't go this route--the multiple altitudes is what made this game so much more tactically deep than other flightpath games. If it truly was just an X-wing clone with a different name, I would have given up on this game long ago.

(Though I liked the complexity of troops, it wouldn't bother me greatly if they were removed in a reboot.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Johnson
msg tools
mirandir wrote:
I agree. I's a fun game. And you know what? The Icons of the Realms line is still going. So there will be loads of miniatures to use as customs...

Yess!!!!!

Btw, does anyone know of resources for making your own customs (i.e. templates for bases, token, and cards)? Or a central repository of scans of existing cards for those of us that have Icons of the Realms figures we'd like to convert?

I came to the game late (quite recently) and through batch purchases on eBay when I was buying other things, so I have a lot of missing pieces. I've spent most of the morning trawling through bgg and other online sources, without much luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
noahcgjohnson wrote:
mirandir wrote:

Yess!!!!!

Btw, does anyone know of resources for making your own customs (i.e. templates for bases, token, and cards)? Or a central repository of scans of existing cards for those of us that have Icons of the Realms figures we'd like to convert?

I came to the game late (quite recently) and through batch purchases on eBay when I was buying other things, so I have a lot of missing pieces. I've spent most of the morning trawling through bgg and other online sources, without much luck.

AFAIK there is no resource for making custom stuff. Scans of most of the cards can be found in the journals previewing the expasnion packs over at the Atackwing site. The cardboard tokens that goes on the character bases however. I haven't seen any such scans. Not of the maneuver dials either. :/

When it comes to buying stuff it's pretty much eBay only. Most sores or online shops doesn't have much stock left. And someof he op-kits seems o be quite rare with the ones coming up on eBay often gone within a few hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a ton of the figures for the game, but the thing that I was disappointed by was the lack of more ground units. Yes, the rules for them were a little fiddly, but I was hoping to have some epic battles with flying units as the spear or in support.

When it became apparent that the ground units weren't coming, it made the game too much like all the other programmed flight games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.