Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Vikings Gone Wild» Forums » Rules

Subject: Odin path troops rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aliki Oratiou
Cyprus
flag msg tools
Regarding odin path, does anyone know:

1) if purchased troops from odin path can be used in the same round

2) if purchased troops from odin path are added to the player discard pile
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This

2) troops from odin path are added to the player discard pile

pg 6 upper left RED area
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Buildings are the only cards that don't go into your discard pile the turn you acquire them. Everything else => discard pile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
Curfew wrote:
This

2) troops from odin path are added to the player discard pile

pg 6 upper left RED area


Actually, purchased and played cards are first set aside. This is to make sure you can never loop. So if you purchase a card and your deck is empty or almost empty, you don't get the chance to draw into your newly purchased cards.(cards that let you draw additional cards let you reshuffle your discard pile into your deck if the deck is empty) Only at end of round, do your played and purchased cards hit the discard pile. This 'setting aside' can also be important if copy effects are used, though they only look at the played cards, not the purchased cards

But it does mean you can't play the cards you just bought, no matter what.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid Cichy
Poland
flag msg tools
Board Game Producer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
egg_citizen wrote:
Actually, purchased and played cards are first set aside. This is to make sure you can never loop. So if you purchase a card and your deck is empty or almost empty, you don't get the chance to draw into your newly purchased cards.(cards that let you draw additional cards let you reshuffle your discard pile into your deck if the deck is empty) Only at end of round, do your played and purchased cards hit the discard pile. This 'setting aside' can also be important if copy effects are used, though they only look at the played cards, not the purchased cards

But it does mean you can't play the cards you just bought, no matter what.

Hi!

I can confirm that.

Best regards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panayiotis Mousarris
Cyprus
flag msg tools
So what happens witg odin path cards that give you resources?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid Cichy
Poland
flag msg tools
Board Game Producer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They follow standard rules. When they are bought they are put in players area and discarded at the end of the round. When they are played they are resolved (you can buy staff with provided resources) and then put into player area and discarded at the end of the round.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
egg_citizen wrote:
Curfew wrote:
This

2) troops from odin path are added to the player discard pile

pg 6 upper left RED area


Actually, purchased and played cards are first set aside. This is to make sure you can never loop. So if you purchase a card and your deck is empty or almost empty, you don't get the chance to draw into your newly purchased cards.(cards that let you draw additional cards let you reshuffle your discard pile into your deck if the deck is empty) Only at end of round, do your played and purchased cards hit the discard pile. This 'setting aside' can also be important if copy effects are used, though they only look at the played cards, not the purchased cards

But it does mean you can't play the cards you just bought, no matter what.


Well it's the first time I see that in a deckbuilder game. No Valkyrie shenanigans? That's disappointing. I already found her too weak but she's even weaker now...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.