Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hendricks
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Splendor has a product code of 2015-2/SCSPL01/US/LON001. Over the Christmas holiday I received a cool wooden insert to put in to the box to replace the standard one. Well, I finally got around to putting it together and it doesn't fit!! My insert is a bit too big. I did contact the manufacturer of the insert and their response was:

"I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your insert. When we begin designing a new organizer, we contact the manufacturer and request that let us know the sizes and manufacturing tolerances for the game boxes so that we can design an insert that should be guaranteed to fit. The trouble that you are seeing is typical of either a game box that is made incorrectly, or is more common when the game manufacturers change suppliers. Unfortunately since we cannot control how the boxes are made, the best we can do is to make the inserts to the low side of their tolerances."

As crazy as it may sound, I am writing to see if anyone would be willing to give up/trade away their box (pending measurement results)that will fit my wooden insert, which measures approximately 10 9/16" X 8 1/16". Thanks for reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fear The Fin
mbmbmbmbmb
I have replaced my Splendor box with a Splendid Chest from Broken Token, so I guess I no longer need my box. However, it's a normal Splendor box - it might have exactly the same issue as you're having now.

When I get home I'll measure mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.