Target for Today» Forums » General

Subject: Will Target for Today include group rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Blozinski
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
As in, groups of planes? I was reading up on Bombs Away, and that was specifically mentioned. It looks like Bombs Away went away and Target for Today is effectively the current version of that intention.
I want to run this game as a convention game with a whole bomber box. I was thinking on using either 1/72nd scale or 1/144th scale models with damage props to make it look more fancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pollock1939 wrote:
As in, groups of planes? I was reading up on Bombs Away, and that was specifically mentioned. It looks like Bombs Away went away and Target for Today is effectively the current version of that intention.
I want to run this game as a convention game with a whole bomber box. I was thinking on using either 1/72nd scale or 1/144th scale models with damage props to make it look more fancy.

From ConsimWorld:
Quote:
4. It will be a solitaire game, and squadron/group play will be included.

Source: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd58f17/217
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Blozinski
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Well that's good news. Thanks.
It looks like Revell makes a 1/72nd scale model that is VERY detailed and has lots of removable control surface parts that would work great to represent combat damage to wings and tail. Making a combat box in 1/72nd scale might be a bit daunting on the shear physical size of it, though. Everyone is super excited to produce 1/144th B-17G models, but not B-17Fs. The only B-17Fs in 1/144th were die cast. Durable and cheap, but not great to make a physical model to show damage as it happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knarr
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Andy,
Just dropping in to say I really like your idea. I got my hands on a 1/72 B-17 Revell kit real cheap, but do not have the original B-17 board game.

For the time until Tft arrives, what damages do you plan to model on your Revell B-17? Have you already made a comprehensive list? I'm trying not to glue together something accidentally I'll need to re-open later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.