Subject: How to watch replays of Snellman games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James B
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I'm trying to get better at the game and want to watch good players play.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to go through a game on Snellman in an easy manner.

I've managed to go to top rated players profiles and view games they have completed. But it is tedious pressing "Next" on every turn and change.

Does the Chrome extension for the game make this easier? I can't figure out how to import a Snellman game to it

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
msg tools
mbmbmb
check this topic

it's about an extension that helps you go through games (there is a "next move" button plus some other cool stuff

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1305425/tmtools-chrome-exte...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James B
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Ha, your ninja reply beat me to the edit!

I can't figure out how to import the games to the extension?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
The extension adds a second line to a given snellman game below the "Home Help ..." line which starts with "Replay [First|Prev|Next|Last] ...".

Since you mention a "Next" button, it looks like you've already installed the extension. It doesn't get better than that. Without the extension, there is no "Next" button/link on a snellman page - only the "Next game" link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James B
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Ahhhhhh okay. Thank you for that. Unfortunately it's a little slow but good to know that is the extension.

HOWEVER, I have finally figured out that when you open a game, you can open the extension, click on a specific Race, and then it will change the match history play by play in Snellman to show ONLY that race / player.

This should be good enough for study

Thank you for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Lima
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shunto wrote:
Ahhhhhh okay. Thank you for that. Unfortunately it's a little slow but good to know that is the extension.

HOWEVER, I have finally figured out that when you open a game, you can open the extension, click on a specific Race, and then it will change the match history play by play in Snellman to show ONLY that race / player.

This should be good enough for study

Thank you for your help!

Exactly. The Log Filter By Faction was one of the initial features provided on the extension. It helped me a lot by scanning Xevoc games
If you have any suggestion to improve your experience I would appreciate.

Thank you for be one more TM student
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James B
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
My primary suggestion would be to edit the thread and change "Main Features" to "HOW TO USE," or alternatively write up a second page.

It was quite confusing to first figure out. Granted, I didn't read the thread properly, but I mistakenly thought it was showing off features rather than explaining how to actually use the features.

I think the best solution would be to add at the bottom of the 'app' a "How to use" link. Within that, I would just put very basic instructions of how to get the app running (You already have this but it gets lost in a wider thread)

I would definitely understand if you do not agree with me because the information is already there and it's really appealing to the lowest common denominator. However this time around I was that lowest common denominator, and an easy/fast way to learn how to use it would have been helpful to have it right in my face from the get-go

Thank you for making this extension though, it is extremely helpful and probably the best resource after the two primary strategy guides to become a better player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
limaz wrote:
Exactly. The Log Filter By Faction was one of the initial features provided on the extension. It helped me a lot by scanning Xevoc games
Am I missing something? Is there a way to step through a game using "Next" and it jumps right to the next move of a selected faction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Lima
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
limaz wrote:
Am I missing something? Is there a way to step through a game using "Next" and it jumps right to the next move of a selected faction?

Replay by faction was the last feature as explained here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24117924#24117924

On the first version I used to click on factions names to filter the log.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Lima
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shunto wrote:
My primary suggestion would be to edit the thread and change "Main Features" to "HOW TO USE," or alternatively write up a second page.

It was quite confusing to first figure out. Granted, I didn't read the thread properly, but I mistakenly thought it was showing off features rather than explaining how to actually use the features.

I think the best solution would be to add at the bottom of the 'app' a "How to use" link. Within that, I would just put very basic instructions of how to get the app running (You already have this but it gets lost in a wider thread)

I would definitely understand if you do not agree with me because the information is already there and it's really appealing to the lowest common denominator. However this time around I was that lowest common denominator, and an easy/fast way to learn how to use it would have been helpful to have it right in my face from the get-go

Thank you for making this extension though, it is extremely helpful and probably the best resource after the two primary strategy guides to become a better player.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to work on these topics that you mentioned in order to make easy to get on the extension more fast.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
limaz wrote:
Replay by faction was the last feature as explained here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24117924#24117924
Ok, thanks. So in order to know, I have to check the BGG thread on the extension to find the article which contains a piece of text which tells me that I need to manually expand the URL.

Count me in as a supporter to include an actual help function inside the extension!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James B
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Oh wow, I glossed over this part and didn't realise you could do it by Faction-only as well.

Yes, I think definitely add a "How to use" link explaining all the features within the extension!

As for actual new functions I think you've really done all you can! It's a shame the webpage has to reload every time but that's clearly not something you can fix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.