Subject: Suggestion / separate rondels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After two 6-player games, my group found accessing the rondel a tad inconvenient.

Typical turn:
"Move me to marble"
"What's your color?"
"Marble"
"No - I've got that. What player are you?"
"Rome"
"No - I mean what's your color?"
"Oh - red"
"Thanks. Where do you want me to move you again?."

This isn't too much of an exaggeration.

And it slows the game down in two ways: everything stops as the rondel movement gets sorted out. And the player closest to the rondel (who ends up doing this for everybody) has far less time to concentrate on his or her next move.

So for our third game, I took a picture of the rondel and printed out 6 copies. Each player gets his/her own and places it directly in from of him. (Actually, the two players who were in arm's reach of the gameboard rondel stuck with that one.)

This very minor tweak had a noticeably positive impact on the flow of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well part of the strategy in Antike is to move on the rondel based on the current position of your opponents. Having multiple rondels will also slow down the process since you'll have to look where are they at six different rondels...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That wasn't a problem at all actually as each rondel was in front of each player in plain view.
The game really did progress more quickly with the separate rondels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.