Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if anyone who might be following both could maybe give me a idea of the pros/cons of these two games. I'm leaning towards Pirate Republic mainly due to the solo/co-op aspect but wondering if they are different enough to get both?
arrrh Thanks
(posted at Tortuga 1667 as well)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Theriot
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are backers of both and are highly anticipating getting them as we are big fans of the pirate theme.
They are VERY different. Tortuga 1667 plays better as a party-type game where rounds are quicker and there's not as much invested in each turn, where as The Pirate Republic is much more involved when it comes to decision-making but also plays much longer comparatively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks... I'm leaning towards just the PR between these 2... might check out other pirate options as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
British v Pirates seems like another good choice, especially if you're into all things piratical!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're really nothing alike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Polydor wrote:
British v Pirates seems like another good choice, especially if you're into all things piratical!

I wasn't aware of BvP till I saw your post, here. So thanks for mentioning it!

I'd really love to buy that game as well as The Pirate Republic, but after watching a few preview videos, I came away with a crippling issue (for me anyway) regarding its combat system. I posted about it in the BvP forums, and would love to hear people's thoughts (especially if they can convince me that I'm wrong)!

Here's my post in the BvP forum: Does the combat system break the theme beyond repair?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.