Dale Donovan
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today, CMON Limited announced the hiring of award-winning game designer Eric M. Lang as Director of Game Design, effective April 1. Lang will lead the development team and continue to design new games for CMON.

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/37007/designer-eric-m-lan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Surprised it took so long
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Alvarado
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wowzers! This and the ASoIaF news is huge.

I'm curious how far his reach extends. Like if he'll have input in all games (even those independently submitted)? Or just their main in-house imprints (Spaghetti Western, Guillotine, etc)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What is this ASOIAF news you speak of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Alvarado
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glorious Strategist wrote:
What is this ASOIAF news you speak of?

https://cmon.com/news/cmon-limited-announces-a-song-of-ice-a...

Probably should get its own thread in News? Or just have a page created? Not sure how things work around here. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Johnson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When's the wedding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for him, the more these kinds of jobs get out there the better the industry will fare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gergotz
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also wonder if this means he will have a hand in EVERY game they put out from now on. If so, that pretty much means I'll stay away from CMON games from now on. I haven't really enjoyed a Lang game yet so I've decided not to even try to like his games anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sychosymatic wrote:
I also wonder if this means he will have a hand in EVERY game they put out from now on. If so, that pretty much means I'll stay away from CMON games from now on. I haven't really enjoyed a Lang game yet so I've decided not to even try to like his games anymore.

I feel similarly, but it's not that I liked any CMON game, no matter if Eric Lang or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C'MON, Man!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sychosymatic wrote:

Ever played Chaos in the Old World?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody
United States
Agoura Hills
Select state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sychosymatic wrote:

You also havent rated any less than a 7 sooo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B. Hansen
Denmark
Odense N
flag msg tools
badge
"duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck" Ralph Wiggum .....
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn!
I really like a lot of Eric Langs designs, but i absolutely hate CMON with all the kickstarter exclusives crap.

Edit: I wonder what the miniatures game will mean for Battles of Westeros .
I had high hopes that the upcoming battles in the books and series would mean new expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Alvarado
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sychosymatic wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe quite a few games from CMON are submitted to them. The games not from their main imprint studios. I think these studios are technically independent, but have publishing contract w/ CMON. These studios being Horrible Games, Sweet Games, Good Games, and Ankama.

I'm PRESUMING Lang will have no hand or say in those games. But games from Spaghetti Western and Guillotine (which he's already involved with) he will have probably at least a review of all games by those imprints. And I presume the CMON games that are just by CMON and not by another imprint/studio.

But, I really don't know if anything I mentioned above is accurate or true. ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played anything by either that I've liked

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirt Mike
United States
Canoga Park
CA
flag msg tools
badge
The power of BGG compels you!
mbmbmbmbmb
does this mean , he can no longer work with designing new dice master sets or expansions for his previous games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Architeuthis wrote:
Damn!
I really like a lot of Eric Langs designs, but i absolutely hate CMON with all the kickstarter exclusives crap.

Edit: I wonder what the miniatures game will mean for Battles of Westeros .
I had high hopes that the upcoming battles in the books and series would mean new expansions.

I suspect Battles of Westeros is very dead. No releases since Nov 2014

Also, while CMON might be able to make an AGOT minis game work, I think the battles are about the least interesting and unique thing about the setting. Westeros battles are just normal feudal affairs, what made AGOT interesting was a cool setting and neat characters, I don't know if that translates well into a this style of game that well.

I mean, I love AGOT, but i'm lukewarm on the idea (Still better than Knizia's attempt at an AGOT game though, lazy git)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glorious Strategist wrote:
Sychosymatic wrote:

Ever played Chaos in the Old World?

CITOW is great, probably the best boardgame to come out of GW's IP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.