9 Posts

Potion Explosion» Forums » General

Subject: Thoughts on adding MORE marbles so lanes don't empty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alluvian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game marbles exactly fill the dispenser before any players take any, and columns can start to empty out if there are enough players or one column is very popular.

Has anyone played with extra marbles so the top area of the dispenser always has extra marbles in it and ready to fall into columns?

Do you feel this would impact the balance of the game negatively?

If my wife and I like this game, we will probably upgrade the marbles. I think the ones that came with ours are fairly unattractive and many are way off round. The plan is to get extras of course so they match, and I am curious what everyone thinks about just playing with all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, you are always free to house rule anything, but I think the lane depletion is part of the game. It should not become that big of a problem unless you always dump your marbles back in the same place and the lane never gets refilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of the strategy of the game is understanding that there is a limited amount of each ingredient. By adding extras, you will be upsetting that balance. How much that would change the game, though, I wouldn't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sheppard
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is supposed to be an expansion called The Fifth Ingredient. The ingredient is called Ghost Ectoplasm so I can only assume it's green. They are also promising five more potions. When this expansion releases it should solve your problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
All Purpose Neko-Sensei
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, a 5th colour = a good excuse to order more fancy marbles from LandOfMarbles! ^,^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jdecay wrote:
There is supposed to be an expansion called The Fifth Ingredient. The ingredient is called Ghost Ectoplasm so I can only assume it's green. They are also promising five more potions. When this expansion releases it should solve your problem.

Actually, the new ingredient will be... white. White-ish.

Also, the expansion contains four more potions, not five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sheppard
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was just going off what I read on BGG in the description.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/203542/potion-explosion-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sheppard
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jdecay wrote:
I was just going off what I read on BGG in the description.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/203542/potion-explosion-...

I see it was corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep!

Thanks for pointing out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.