Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Nowak
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello everyone, and welcome to BETA 2 of Star Trek Fleet Admiral!
Link to original release: (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1695866/star-trek-fleet-adm...)
----------------------------------------------

Major revisions from BETA 1 to BETA 2:

Significant rework of the movement system - in general smaller ships are now both more maneuverable and faster than larger ships at impulse, larger ships are only faster during Tactical Warp, performing very difficult maneuvers now exacts a power cost, especially for larger ships. Factional differences are still reflected, so do not be surprised when, for example, a Vor'cha-class outmaneuvers an Excelsior-class.

Overall revisions to balance and canon-faithfulness across the board. (Thank you EVERYONE who wrote to me with suggestions and rationale on this...and yes, the various Romulan Warbirds should now better reflect the sheer terror of their alpha-strikes and offensive firepower in general as depicted in canon)

Overall factional balance: Romulan Empire received a significant buff in durability and firepower, Federation mostly received a minor nerf in many ways, minor changes elsewhere

Addition of a few new ships/variants - 105 separate ships are now available!

Reworked cloaking, warp, and high-energy turn rules, and overall balance.

Further efforts to reduce play-time to my target of 90-120 minutes for most 500 FP games.

And many more minor changes

Everything can be downloaded from BGG (look for BETA 2!) or Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1kEh0vhhxt5aXU0S2pQ...

Thank you to everyone who messaged me with game reports, suggestions, questions, etc., I really appreciate it! Keep on sending those in!

What I'm working on next: adding more of the available ships, How-to-Play PPTX/video, continual balance testing, and more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.