Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

ROK

Mike did a great job writing up an article on the ROK - Republic of Korea Army the South Korean Army pieces for the Pusan Perimeter & Counter-Attack games and future Intervention games and Allies and ROK supplements or whatever the names of the products become.

http://www.avalanchepress.com/PusanROK.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NKPA

An older piece from the daily content on the NKPA counters/units:

http://www.avalanchepress.com/NKPApieces.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It will have the new silky die-cut counters as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Porter
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited to hear this! When is it coming back exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay - I bought what I think was the first reprint of this a couple of years ago. Very pleased with it and the production quality, albeit one sheet was old style mat finish, die cut counters.

Reading now that there is another reprint coming with "silky smooth" counters. A couple of questions.

I'm getting ready to buy Counter Attack - do you know which version of the counters it has? I think I read the silky smooth as well.

And if I already own Pusan Perimeter, aside from different finish and cutting on the counter counters, is there anything else that would make me want to get this new version coming out?

Finally - what is the deal with the counters actually? Is it just a finish thing? Can they be mixed between sets for DYO scenarios without any issue?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ramos, sorry it took me so long to see this. There is no difference in the Pusan games, other then the second printing has smooth silky die-cut counters as does Counter-Attack.

Avalanche Press went from die-cut counters to laser counter at some point in their game making process but found the supplier for laser counters wasn't working and now have gone back to die-cut counters for good, thank God.

I have nothing to do with Avalanche Press business, I just design a few games for them every once in a while.

I ordered the die-cut counters from AP directly to replace my Pusan laser counters. Just my personal taste in counters.

I hope you are enjoying my game designs on the Korean War? I have submitted the third Game in the series to AP called Intervention, which brings the Chinese into the picture. I have no idea when AP might publish this and it sounds like they want to split it into two games but that is up to them and at their rate, it might take a few years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.