Subject: Using the notepad as the Marshall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
photo ben
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found instead of having all the cards in your hand as the Marshall, its best just to use the notepad in your hand, and any cards you pick up, immediately cross off the notepad and put infront of you face up down. Much easier to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Wright
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I was thinking about doing that, but you'd need to keep the notepad hidden from the Fugitive (I think).

Got my copy yesterday but only had 1 game last night - my wife was the Marshall as it was easier to explain to her what she needed to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buttons McBoomboom
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
photoben wrote:
I've found instead of having all the cards in your hand as the Marshall, its best just to use the notepad, and any cards you pick up, immediately cross off the notepad and put infront of you face up. Much easier to play.

Good idea! But I wouldn't place them face up. Part of the problem for the Fugative is they DON'T know what numbers the Marshal has. The Fugative might think they are doing a clever play by playing fake sprint cards only to find out because of the numbers the Marshal has it could only be one number.

My $0.02...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
photo ben
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Errr yes, that was I meant to say. Dsylexic moment! And in response to the other poster, I have the notepad in my hand. But yes, definitely face down discarded. Love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have adopted this method as well. We use a box top as a make shift player shield to hide the pad behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It never occurred to me not to do this. I've always just kept the notepad leant against my (sturdy) drinking glass to make sure the fugitive can't see what I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PS: I only use the number side of the pad, so I only need to keep that away from the fugitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.