Subject: Best place to get two stashes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
What's the best place to get two stashes so I can play this game? Do I really have to buy a copy of Pyramid Arcade? In fact I don't even think that'll provide 15 of each color, will it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have Arcade, each player can take two colors.

The old five-trio stashes get harder and harder to acquire on those terms. Back before I took to 'mids you used to could get a "monochrome stash" (five trios of a single color) for $10. You can still get 5 for $50 by buying Rainbow Stashes (http://store.looneylabs.com/Looney-Pyramids-Rainbow?sc=2&cat...), but two for $20 isn't a retail offering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
If you have Arcade, each player can take two colors.

The old five-trio stashes get harder and harder to acquire on those terms. Back before I took to 'mids you used to could get a "monochrome stash" (five trios of a single color) for $10. You can still get 5 for $50 by buying Rainbow Stashes (http://store.looneylabs.com/Looney-Pyramids-Rainbow?sc=2&cat...), but two for $20 isn't a retail offering.

Getting 5 rainbow stashes is nonetheless arguably an excellent idea. It's overkill for a 2-player game like Amoeba, but there are many interesting multiplayer games where each player has their own color of 15 pyramids (Gnostica, Blam, Martian Chess, Pikemen, Ice Towers, etc etc). And some excellent games which need 4 (or 5) x 15 rainbow colors (red blue green yellow), e.g. RAMbots and Homeworlds and Stack Control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
It's overkill for a 2-player game like Amoeba, but ...

Amoeba isn't limited to 2 players either. I played with 3 just last night! And the rules give chip counts and setup designs for up to 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks friends. $56.50 with shipping. Hmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
russ wrote:

Amoeba isn't limited to 2 players either. I played with 3 just last night! And the rules give chip counts and setup designs for up to 6.

Ha, whoops, you're right. I'd only played it with 2, so I (mis)remembered it as being 2-player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Carthoris wrote:
russ wrote:

Ha, whoops, you're right. I'd only played it with 2, so I (mis)remembered it as being 2-player.

Well, the OP was about playing with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.