5 Posts

Bottom of the 9th» Forums » Rules

Subject: verheerend staab rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't understand the instructions on the card. The TRAIT says "If Staab strikes out, the visiting team adds 1 fatigue". There are two columns to which fatigue can be added ---- which one is it added to?

Additionally, and more confusingly, the MVP power says "O and the visiting team adds 1 fatigue". (By "O", I mean the white circle). I have no idea what that means. First, what does the white circle mean in this context? Secondly, to which side does one add fatigue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lesouef
France
Ermont
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:
The TRAIT says "If Staab strikes out, the visiting team adds 1 fatigue". There are two columns to which fatigue can be added ---- which one is it added to?
On my card, Trait says "If Staab Strikes Out, the active Pitcher gets 1 fatigue (Pitcher's choice)".

26halo26 wrote:
First, what does the white circle mean in this context? Secondly, to which side does one add fatigue?

O = Reroll Swing.

26halo26 wrote:
Secondly, to which side does one add fatigue?

Same as above, on my card, MVP power says "Staab Fatigues the Pitcher 1 and O". So Staab's choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I guess my cards are a different printing.

Still wondering about the mvp power..... Hiw do you know that three fatigue is staabs choice? Also,just to clarify, So he gets to fatigue the pitcher AND reroll swing? (I think that would mean that if he guesses the pitch correctly he can fatigue the pitcher AND reroll twice, once due to mvp (which includes "O"), and once due to "O"). Is my understanding correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lesouef
France
Ermont
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:
Still wondering about the mvp power..... Hiw do you know that three fatigue is staabs choice?
Staab fatigues the Pitcher means Staab's choice. Pitcher gets 1 fatigue means Pitcher's choice.

26halo26 wrote:
Also,just to clarify, So he gets to fatigue the pitcher AND reroll swing?
Yes.

26halo26 wrote:
I think that would mean that if he guesses the pitch correctly he can fatigue the pitcher AND reroll twice, once due to mvp (which includes "O"), and once due to "O"). Is my understanding correct?
No. If Staab guesses the pitch correctly he can use OR any 2 (circle red/circle white). So if he chooses is MVP power, he fatigues 1 and reroll only once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My confusion about pitcher's choice is that on my card, the trait says "visiting team adds 1 fatigue". The MVP says "the visiting team adds 1 fatigue". The verbiage is the same, therefor I don't get why in one case it's pitcher's choice, and in one case it is batter's choice. I'm going to ask them to send me a corrected card , I'll see if that works.
Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.